ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What is this belt?

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
Is this the cam belt?

I noticed today that it is quite exposed due to the fact that the plastic arch cover is missing (I'm looking for one).

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1317486012676.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1317486012676.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 58
  Suzuki Ignis
Thanks. How can you tell when the belts need replacing. E.g the cambelt?

Generally you cant IIRC. Every 72k or 5 year, whichever is first. Unless they look frayed, cracked or looks like its been rubbing on something, then investigate it sooner rather than later.

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
Generally you cant IIRC. Every 72k or 5 year, whichever is first. Unless they look frayed, cracked or looks like its been rubbing on something, then investigate it sooner rather than later.

Every 5 years or 75k which comes first.

Thanks. I've got no record of it ever being changed so I guess it would be a good idea to get it done.
Whats the average cost and who should I take it to who are local to Nottingham?

Thanks again.

172 berg, Fabia VRS
If it looks perished get it done ASAP, my aux belt was bad and me being stupid i didnt get it done straight away and it snapped on tuesday :( felt like kicking my own head in!!