ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What is this/How do I tackle it.

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
So I picked up some Turinis at the weekend and I gave them a good clean the best I could be bothered to do as it was a miserable weekend here. After cleaning the wheels they were in better condition than I thought they were going to be however, each of the corners and around the inside on the wheel In certain areas I'm left with this yellowing and black dots. I hope someone can tell me what this is and how do I get rid of it?
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I used wonder wheels, the brush on stuff, that didn't budge it. Citrus power, that didn't. Auto smart wheel cleaner, that didn't. And a few other things too. I didn't expect any of them to budge it actually.

However I did find something that did budge it and that was very fine steel wool and a tad lubrication! Now this didn't get rid of all of it, but it did get rid of quite a bit of the stuff. But no way am I doing that on each corner it would take ages!
You can see from the photo below the difference! I just can't be spending all weekend doing that.
image.jpg
image.jpg

It didn't get rid of it all but certainly made a difference.

It's really irritating as it's quite visible! I'm sure someone will reply to this saying 'oh it's that and you need to do that' I bloody hope so I've never ever seen it before.

Is the black dots tar?
I don't have any type of tar remover.

Do I need something like Iron X? dragons Breath? Purple rain? Or whatever product works best?
I don't have any type of contamination product like those above. Would that be the solution? if so which ones the best?

Hope someone can shed some light on this.
Cheers
Tom

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    992.8 KB · Views: 124
  Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Get some Iron X mate. They look like iron deposits, will be gone in a jiffy with Iron X.

Worth getting Tar X or Tardis at the same time (I also like AF ObliTARate).

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
Get some Iron X mate. They look like iron deposits, will be gone in a jiffy with Iron X.

Worth getting Tar X or Tardis at the same time (I also like AF ObliTARate).

Car Pro Iron X the best one to go for; Or is there a cheaper one that's just as good? Is the yellowing because of the iron? or is that just another contamination of some kind?

AF ObliTARate okay decent thankyou.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Both of them only available online or can I pick any of them up in a store somewhere?

I would place a bet on the staining dissapearing with both an iron remover and a tar remover. They will both require slight agitation with a brush of some kind if possible, and may take more than 1 hit.

In my experience, I haven't used anything as good/strong as Iron X. I have tried AF Iron Out, and the cheaper brands too, but none are as good for me.

You won't find either of those in a shop, have a look on www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/.com - we even have a discount code for CS members.

Tomo_Rep.97

ClioSport Club Member
I would place a bet on the staining dissapearing with both an iron remover and a tar remover. They will both require slight agitation with a brush of some kind if possible, and may take more than 1 hit.

In my experience, I haven't used anything as good/strong as Iron X. I have tried AF Iron Out, and the cheaper brands too, but none are as good for me.

You won't find either of those in a shop, have a look on www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/.com - we even have a discount code for CS members.

Lovely job thanks a lot mate! Will give it a go and see how it turns out

BG Clio 182
The black specs appear to be tar. Leave some obliterate or tardis to dwell on there for a good while. Really agitate with a sponge and wash. If it gets some off kept going. Do the same with the iron remover. I'd seal them too personally.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's not as bad as it used to be.

Still nothing close to IX as an iron remover. Look at the sticky section to find the discount code for the carpro website. :)