ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What kind of power should i make?

Hi All,

I have my clio 172 (non cup) booked in at EFI in July.

Just wondered if people could shed any light on what kind of power i could expect with the mods i've done. If anyone has done similar and could share their knowledge.

To make it clear, im not really going for big numbers, tbh id be happy if the car even still made 172hp considering its nearly 20 years old. Mainly looking for a smoother idle and maybe some better mid range power. But im just curious.

Engine Mods:
- Standard 172 Exhaust Manifold & Cat
- Ktec silenced Stealth Catback Exhaust System
- Portmatched and gasflowed inlet manfold and throttle body by MS Engineering. (Not had the throttle body enlarged)
- Ktec Induction Kit
- pure motorsport A/C Delete kit

Thanks!

Fiesta ST-2
Is it weird that reading engine mods - standard exhaust and manifold, triggers me.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
Hi All,

I have my clio 172 (non cup) booked in at EFI in July.

Just wondered if people could shed any light on what kind of power i could expect with the mods i've done. If anyone has done similar and could share their knowledge.

To make it clear, im not really going for big numbers, tbh id be happy if the car even still made 172hp considering its nearly 20 years old. Mainly looking for a smoother idle and maybe some better mid range power. But im just curious.

Engine Mods:
- Standard 172 Exhaust Manifold & Cat
- Ktec silenced Stealth Catback Exhaust System
- Portmatched and gasflowed inlet manfold and throttle body by MS Engineering. (Not had the throttle body enlarged)
- Ktec Induction Kit
- pure motorsport A/C Delete kit

Thanks!
Mine box standard made 172.5hp. With what you have done mod wise you'll possibly see 178-180hp. But what Chris will do will be to smooth out the flat spot around 4-5k rpm and lift the torque slightly and make it alot more smoother. Oh and Chris will also lift the rev limiter to 7500rpm.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Mine box standard made 172.5hp. With what you have done mod wise you'll possibly see 178-180hp. But what Chris will do will be to smooth out the flat spot around 4-5k rpm and lift the torque slightly and make it alot more smoother. Oh and Chris will also lift the rev limiter to 7500rpm.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Yeah thats what im hoping for. That raised rev limiter will be perfect. I always feel like it has more to give before it hits its current redline

Update:

Was with chris at EFI at the weekend. He said i have a very healthy engine. And that all those smaller mods did infact add up. This paired with the engines health. We managed to tune it for more mid range, slightly raised rev limit, much smoother idle.

FInal scores:

189.6hp
165 Torque.

Might do the 197 cams, injectors and 182 manifold & decat next. Chasing that 200hp/tonne

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
Update:

Was with chris at EFI at the weekend. He said i have a very healthy engine. And that all those smaller mods did infact add up. This paired with the engines health. We managed to tune it for more mid range, slightly raised rev limit, much smoother idle.

FInal scores:

189.6hp
165 Torque.

Might do the 197 cams, injectors and 182 manifold & decat next. Chasing that 200hp/tonne
What power was it before mapping? Mapping is next on my todo list

Nice results 🙂