ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What Laptop/Computer do you have ?

I am in the process of trying to hunt down a good Netbook/Mini laptop at the moment for portability over my normal Laptop.
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=381085

While doing this i was wandering what Computer/Laptops people on here have and how it had been ?

Any issues etc etc ?

As it may help me with my choice and the ones to stay away from

Thanks

Last edited:
  Better than yours. C*nt.
Dell Studio 1737, Sony Vaio T1XP and Samsung NC10.

As a netbook, the Samsung rules, but the Sony is still more usable. Love my Studio though, massively powerful, massive, but very good.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Same, best way to go about it.

Erm. Ok.

Obviously EVERYBODY would be better off building their own. Never mind that a dell with a huge warranty is cheaper than one you built yourself, if you're just using it for browsing the net and typing crap up.

Shed.
Always build my own.

+1

Same, best way to go about it.

+1

Erm. Ok.

Obviously EVERYBODY would be better off building their own. Never mind that a dell with a huge warranty is cheaper than one you built yourself, if you're just using it for browsing the net and typing crap up.

+2

Mike is right though, if you only need it for Championship manager and web browsing, then why the hell not.

Ive always built my own, but only because i like playing games now and again.

Dell Studio 1737, Sony Vaio T1XP and Samsung NC10.

As a netbook, the Samsung rules, but the Sony is still more usable. Love my Studio though, massively powerful, massive, but very good.

Can vouch for Studio i have one too :)

Just on look out for portable one the now

Not a Clio
+1

+1

+2

Mike is right though, if you only need it for Championship manager and web browsing, then why the hell not.

Ive always built my own, but only because i like playing games now and again.

I build my own because I get exactly what I want and not what a manufacturer has decided I might want. I also enjoy the process. Just transferred all my internals to an Antec Skeleton this week which means I can see everything which also gives me satisfaction.

Thread Bump I know.

After spilling a cup of tea on my main laptop :(
I've been on the lookout for a new one for a while and quite fancy a Macbook Pro.

But before I go and buy one I thought I'd best ask and see if anyone knows of any other decent laptops for around £800-£1400 mark.

Iceberg Ph1
Too many lol..

HP Tx2050 Laptop - Used for drawing and photoshop (digitiser touchscreen)
Acer Aspire One Netbook - Upgraded with iPod HDD for when I want to surf the webs
Atom Dual Core Mini ITX CarPc - No longer in the car but used for doing the odd bits and bobs with 7" VGA Touchscreen
Advent QC8003 - Main PC, Quad Core blisteringly fast massive memory and HDD.. Gaming and Video Editing..

I use to build all my own stuff but was desperate for a PC at the time so I just brought the Advent, for a PC World own make its pretty well put together and worth every penny!

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
I've got an HP DX2420 Microtower at work.

Self built PC:

Intel C2D E4300 1.8GHz @ 2.6GHz
2GB DDR2 RAM @ 667MHz
PCI-Ex16 ATI x1950 Pro 512MB
2x160GB SATA II HDD's
Windows 7 Ultimate
22" LCD Monitor

57 Clio Campus Sport
New MacBook with 2GB RAM upgrade. Love it to bits, going to keep it as long as it can live then upgrade to Pro, only went for Macbook over Pro as I'm a poor student but really wanted one.

tiTTy & SV650
I was reading that the Acer ferrari netbooks are amongst the best netbooks, around £400 IIRC

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Just over 2 year old macbook, still as good as day one but now on SL. It was the middle spec one, want to upgrade to a pro but cant justify the £1700 price tag at the moment.