ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What Laptop/Computer do you have ?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Compaq something or other.

It gets me online and has iTunes on it so I'm happy.

Not a Clio
I've recently got a Dell Inspiron Mini 1012. Upgraded the memory to 2GB and put Windows 7 Ultimate on and I'm very impressed. I've got my self built rig for gaming etc, so this is mostly used for browsing but even stuff like google earth works great. Previously my mobile browsing usage was done on an iphone which as you can imagine is bloody slow lol

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
self build pc ''thesloth''

one s**t dell laptop.

one awesome macbook pro.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Self Built PC 1: Intel Quad Core 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM, 768MB 8800GTX, 2.3TB, 2x 20" TFTs (Widescreen)

Self Built PC 2: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz, 2GB RAM, 512MB 6800GT, 2 x 17" TFTs

Have a work laptop also (Dual Core with 3GB) but next to never use it.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Acer Aspire 5630

Great laptop, it has served me well the past 3 years the only issue i have ever had is that the battery has recently given up, lasts about 20 mins now if im lucky. Need a new one

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Dell E6510
Dell E6500
Dell D830
Dell Mini 9
Apple Ipad

Didn't realise we were including desktop's too

PC1
Custom Core i7 2.67Ghz (with hyperthreading)
6GB Ram
128GB SSD

PC2
Core 2 Duo 2.66Ghz
2GB Ram
6TB storage

PC3
Shuttle XPS PC
pretty basic pc

PC4
Nexus
1.6Ghz with Nvidia ION (Can play 1080p with breaking a sweat ;) )

Think that about covers it.. :D All systems except my E6510/Ipad run Ubuntu Linux.

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc
Got a new Dell Latitude E6400 and then fitted a 128GB SSD drive and run it in the office on a docking bay with dual 20" screens.

The performance difference is staggering with SSD compared to a standard disc drive.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Dell SSD's are by far not the best SSD experience (definitely still better than HDD though). If you order again, order it with the smallest hard drive then buy your own SSD separately ;)

*edit* just re-read what you said, looks like you did it that way already. which SSD did you get ?

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc
Dell SSD's are by far not the best SSD experience (definitely still better than HDD though). If you order again, order it with the smallest hard drive then buy your own SSD separately ;)

*edit* just re-read what you said, looks like you did it that way already. which SSD did you get ?

Yeah ive heard about dells SSDs so ordered the laptop with basically poverty spec but decent processor and then added memory and Kingston V Series SSD from ebuyer. This was all about 9mths ago now.

The main thing for me was the laptop working with a docking bay which would run 2 x LCD TFT screens rather than the laptop screen and 1 more screen.

Even though ive the laptop about 1/2 to 3/4s full of stuff it still does everything quicker than my mates new much higher spec XPS which doesnt run SSD.

I thought the difference was all just hype until i seen them in action.