ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What not to do - unmarked police cars

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Hmmmm ... note to self ... next time youre blasting down your favourite bit of wide country A-road just before work do not overtake unmarked cars full of police driven by a police driving instructor

I over took said car ... who actually sped up somewhat as I did so ... screamed off into the distance ... caught up with a slower car. Other car caught me up ... and I thought hmmmm why did he just flash me with his powerful driving lights. Then I saw the dark jumpers and epaulets. Decided that repentance and admission was the best approach so I pulled over as soon as safe to do so ... even tho they werent telling me to ... and so they stopped too. Very attractive young police woman got out. "Are you aware of the speed limit on that road" ... I explained that I did, that knew I had overtaken them at more than that ... "please drive more carefully in the future". I went up to the car and acknowledged them all and joked that it wasnt the smartest overtaking to have done.

Lesson learned. In fact a couple of times Id seen similar cars on that road going the other way and felt a lump in my mouth as I shot by the other way. Reckon its used for training - so Nik beware!

Again demonstrates that the police in person (vs. a damn camera) can be very sensible for which I am very, very grateful.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

I am sure your politeness and attitude to the incident helped no end Andy. Especially by going up and acknowledging them - nice to see someone show some respect to the Police.

:)

as si says. nice to see someone with respect for the cops, ive no doubt something similar will happen on here, from someone with no common sense, a post will appear slating them for all they are worth and why dont they do their job blah blah blah

good job andy

you also passed the attitude test

i expect being an old fart helped too;), if it was me they would have had me over the bonnet and given me a good reaming with a side arm batton :eek:

Black Octavia or the White Mercedes?

Is the road in question the one you were telling me about a while back?

I suppose if you work with them they are bound to cast a blind eye ;)

Mini Cooper S sport

Which road was this, you reprobate!?? I bet if youd been 21 youd be in the cells by now ;)

I bet they were secretly drooling at the Vee hehe.

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 02 June 2005

i expect being an old fart helped too;), if it was me they would have had me over the bonnet and given me a good reaming with a side arm batton :eek:
LOL ... or perhaps its the fact Im a buff bloke :)p) with a nice smile and a cool mid-engined car. I refer you to verse two of the song Sir Psycho Sexy by the Red Hot Chilil Peppers re. your fantasy above ;)

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355

:eek: Sounds like you were lucky there mate! Nice to see a sensible response from both parties though.

Just as I was enjoying my change of route home in the evenings.... Maybe its time to go back to the sloooow route :(.

Quote: Originally posted by Andy D on 02 June 2005

LOL ... or perhaps its the fact Im a buff bloke :)p) with a nice smile and a cool mid-engined car. I refer you to verse two of the song Sir Psycho Sexy by the Red Hot Chilil Peppers re. your fantasy above ;)

did she have a creamy beaver that was hotter than a fever ?

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

So for the record the road was Poles Lane between Otterbourne and Hursley near Winchester. I stand corrected on its classification - its actually an unclassified road which shows only by its name on OS maps. As anybody who has driven it will tell you its a wide road with a long straight and some wiggles.

i f**king would have. weve got some seriously fit female police officers round here. unfortunately i only ever get pulled over by the grumpy fat b******s :cry:

Megane 225 baby! :)

So for the record the road was Poles Lane between Otterbourne and Hursley near Winchester. I stand corrected on its classification - its actually an unclassified road which shows only by its name on OS maps. As anybody who has driven it will tell you its a wide road with a long straight and some wiggles.
That road is excellent!:cool: iirc thats the road where we (me, you and Nik) first spotted each other, all those moons ago!!

Mini Cooper S sport

Quote: Originally posted by Sawa on 02 June 2005

That road is excellent!:cool: iirc thats the road where we (me, you and Nik) first spotted each other, all those moons ago!!
Awwww..can anybody else hear music? ;)

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Quote: Originally posted by MarkCup on 02 June 2005

Make sure you check your mirrors tonight Andy...the Portsdown Hill viewpoint clientelle will be most upset if you bring the Soton rozzers up with you.
Doubt the missus will let me out now tonight :oops: "Youve been a very naughty boy".

Being the honest and truthful hubby I am (Id be crap at cheating on her) ... I phoned her up as I was walking up from my car to the office. She was "youre a sad aging boy racer ... and your insurance is already too much". LOL.

i f**king would have. weve got some seriously fit female police officers round here. unfortunately i only ever pull the grumpy fat b******s, theyre much more grateful though ;)

:eek:

"your a sad aging boy racer ... and your insurance is already too much". LOL.

and after youve done all the decorating! lol

could have been alot worse, but it just proves if your polite to them, then you can get away with it!

Embarrassed to say

I dont actually think you have to stop for unmarked police cars. A couple was pulled over by an unmarked fake cop car near south mims and robbed. The detective on the news said that you shouldnt stop if you think the unmarked car is suspicious.

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Quote: Originally posted by cupsportmad on 02 June 2005

I dont actually think you have to stop for unmarked police cars. A couple was pulled over by an unmarked fake cop car near south mims and robbed. The detective on the news said that you shouldnt stop if you think the unmarked car is suspicious.
Yep ... in general thats probably true ... and certainly Ive read of several instances of fake cars.

In this instance the 4 police officers inside were the give away :oops:

silver valver/hybrid

i had a similar incident not long back, straight duel carriageway, empty bar one lorry, overtook that, had a bit of a blast then stopped behind some traffic at the end where it goes back into 1 lane. saw a green rover screeming up behind, thought he wanted to sqeeze through so i moved over a bit but it pulled along side me, then i realised it was two coppers. he gave a bit of a lecture, i apologised a couple of times, and he let me on my way, no producer or anything.

Weeman sucks ****

Quote: Originally posted by Dansta on 02 June 2005
Just dont undertake em at just over twice the speed limit.... :oops:

I did this once, the c**k driving the meat filled vectra pulled out in front of me on a nice twisty country road (this was before i knew they were cops lol) as I was clearly quicker and could easily have passed him. He then decided to to hog the the outside lane all the way down the A10 until the waddle had had enough, blasted past him on the inside looking forward and noticed one of the bloke held something up at me. I slowed down and it was a badge...PARP f**kin PARP!

I went red and sh*t my pants lol. He then followed me all the way to footy which must have been the other way to where he was going lol.

williams 2 turbo

try that in my car, i dont have to be driving it before i get questioned by the bab. ie at southend a few months back now, they parked in front of my car and asked who the driver was, i stepped forward. then they proceded to tell me they had just seen me racing down the other side of the road and they wanted my details. fair enough youd think, i asked when they saw me do this, they said a few minutes ago, and the car had been parked up for 6 hours, i even had a cold engine to prove it!, in my experiance they are all $£&*^%$! rant over.

i would just be put in jail for ABH and arson.

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 02 June 2005
Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 02 June 2005i expect being an old fart helped too;), if it was me they would have had me over the bonnet and given me a good reaming with a side arm batton :eek:[/QUOTE]i would just be put in jail for ABH and arson.

LMFAO aint that the truth (to anyone else reading this trust me you had to be there)

Titanium ph1 turbo

Happened to me years ago when I had 200bhp 5 turbo... going down the A1 at midnight, not another car around... this pair of headlights came up behind me quite quick, so without further-adoo... I decided to just floor it from 60 to 110 leaving him about 300-400 metres behind me...

next thing i look in my mirror to see what i thought was him flashing his beamers at me.. so i was wondering if maybe there was something wrong with my 5.. maybe smoke coming out exhaust or something... then i looked closer in the mirror and noticed the beamers were going in a pattern and there was 2 blue lights flashing between the grille...

To say my heart skipped a beat is an understatement.. i thought i was well and truely smoked... but what happened next was wierd... the cop car just came screaming past me at about 130mph and f**ked off into the distance... so i duely turned off at the next sliproad and that was it all over with, never heard a thing about it... ???

None

These unmarked coppers sure have a variety these days. We got a silver Evo 7 unmarked iin my town. Once some chavs tried to race it while being in the wrong lane, thought it was cool as they got in front of it (police driving as normal etc) then they got pulled and f****d over lol

Ford Fiesta

lol, we had this when I was on my driving course. Obviously, due to us training we were usually going at a fair old pace. Cars would come up behind, start to overtake then see the car full and quickly pull back in behind.

Lucky you- i have to ask, or pay extra for that treatment