ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What Oil for my 200

UR 200, 07 blade
Hi I need to top the oil up in my RS200, i've looked in the manual and i can't find out what type i need. Can some body kindly point me in the right direction and what make would be recommended

Cheers

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
If its the same as the 197 (which I would imagine it is)[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
Elf evolution SRX 5W/40

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Yep, exactly the same as the 172/182/197 10w/40 but most people go for 5w/40. Just don't use Castrol as its not recommended on the F4R (Fred told me this...so I would believe him!)

Inferno 182 & Saxo
I wouldnt use a 10w40, and definitely nothing other than a big brand fully synthetic. I personally use valvolene synpower 5w40.
I read what fred said too about castrol and the only thing I use that is in my old TU 8v considering it only costs £12

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
I wouldnt use a 10w40

Me neither, Renault recommend the 5w 40 Elf oil (it's also what they sell). It's not expensive from them either, I paid £30 odd quid for 6 litres (1 x 5l and 1 x 1l top up pack)

UR 200, 07 blade
I've ordered Fuchs Titan Race Pro S 5W-40 Ester Synthetic Engine Oil from opie oils, i used to use it in my 182

S3, Polo
That's what I'm putting in my 172.

Supposed to be one of the best, if Opie are to be believed...