ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what panel filter

im thinking of getting an panel fliter for my mk2, which is best and will i need a microscope to see the difference has anyone tried to fit larger pipe work in the the filter box? mind you with so much room under the bonnet it my be lots of pain for no gain!!!

K+N , Ramair are pretty good makes to replace the standard filter. Apparently I read somewhere that a hot water pipe runs underneath the standard air box on the Mk1 172s. This reduces power cause it heats up the air box. When you have been traffic for a while you should notice a loss in power. I dont know if its the same with the Mk2 172. The BMC induction kit is made of carbon fibre which is a good insulator (spelt right?). But also i was going to use insulating mat to wrap the water pipe to further reduce the heat entering the induction system. The BMC induction is shown below.
www.home.clara.net/manch/ClioPics/joel4.jpg">
This pic is from the gallery from this website.

Chun.

man-chun,

im in singapore...any idea how i can get a hold of said bmc induction kit? and please elaborate what does it contain...i assume that there is some sort of cone filter plus the piping?

kona

If you own a 1.4 Clio you will need a smaller induction kit than he Clio172. Before you order your kit you will have to know the diameter of the hosing engine side.

Chun.

thanks a bunch man-chun...

i bit the bullet yesterday and fitted a k&n 57i induction kit instead...just needed to move the battery a little bit to make way for a larger type of cone filter...

can feel the difference immediately...1st and 2nd more willing to rev and smoother too and at 100 kmh, 3rd gear is a revelation!!!

very happy and satisfied...

kona