ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What position do you sit?

Clio 1.5dci
I had previous had a relaxed slightly lay back position, but always found myself leaning quite forward when I wanted more control passing parked cars along oncoming traffic for example.

This morning I popped my seat pretty much upright, and I feel so more involved in positioning the car where I want it.. if a little less comfortable :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
^ This, I sit so up right in my recaros it's funny!

The ones with the seat right back don't actually let their back touch the seat they lean forward, I don't get it!

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
in my polos and my focus i used to sit really far back and leaned back but in the clio i sit bolt upright, i like being close to wheel and quiet high up

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Fairly upright. Like to have my legs slightly bent when the pedals are fully depressed, arm straight and the top of the wheel touches my wrist. As low as possible in the car as well.

Clio 1.5dci
No wonder Jeremy Clarkson complained :D but it gives the best control I think.

I found it a stretch to reach the seat belt in this position, but it's worth it.

RS 172
If I know I'm gonna be on a long straight road cruising for a while (like when I jaunt between London and Portsmouth on the A3), I will pop it back a bit, but if I want to go for a blat I'll stick more upright.

As low as the seat will go, and as far back as it goes, not overly fussed about how the back of the chair is, can't be full upright.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
The best position to sit is actually quite close to the wheel with arms bent as it allows better control if you were to need 'a dab of oppo'.

Amusing seeing idiots who have the seat reclined to the point where it rests on the rear seats, likewise the 'aiiight right nice' types who have their seat reclined but sit forward with one arm resting accross the top of the wheel.

Brrrap. Blud. Bruv. etc.

Depends on my driving, if its a mway cruise i'll recline slightly, if its normal or sprinted driving its up and quite close, like ollie said its better control. Bit of a ball ache getting in though with having long legs, keep twatting my knee on the steering column.

Clio 1970000000
Did renault finally sort the driving position out in the 200/197?

I sit upright, and although the steering wheel is much better than the 1*2, I still find it a bit long arms, short legs even with the reach all the way out.

No I am not a gibbon before you all start posting :rasp:

E90
Worst critism of my 172 was the feck awful driving position, It used to make my hamstring hurt (old footy injury) Got into the Golf straight when i changed and went to the South of France, felt fresh as a daisy when i arrived.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I sit very upright, helps my back as my sitting posture elsewhere isn't the best. Prefer it anyway, tried the laid back cruizin' style and it felt very weird to drive comfortably in.

My seat is nearly all the way back so I can fully stretch my legs as I get cramp sometimes.

E90
I just drive on the cruise control buttons. Sod the pedals.

I managed to get from Eindhoven to home on the CC the other week, including a monumental "oh no" moment when some rando pulled in front, thankfully he got out the way just in time lol

172, Tiguan
It's all about the quick fingers. Sod left foot braking, I left hand brake. Tap tap tap...

02 172 & E39 525 Sport
I have to have the seat as low and far back as possible cos I'm nearly 6ft6.

But the back depends on how I feel, I can never get it back the same twice.

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
On a slightly related note, don't you just HATE it when someone changes the seat position and it takes you ages to get it back to the way you had it?

1.5dci
i have the back as straight up, like to be able to press my back against it and sit upright, about mid height (look through the windscreen at about the same height as i look at my monitor: 2/3 up, i spend too long at my computer!). Distance was back as far as i could with just getting the clutch all the way down, but have moved it forwards a bit as found that was the reason why i was missing 3rd gear sometimes :-s

1.5dci
On a slightly related note, don't you just HATE it when someone changes the seat position and it takes you ages to get it back to the way you had it?

yep, although its usually because i just wanted to pull it forwards a notch and end up lowering the seat instead, still can't remember which sides which!

Golf MK6 GT TDI
i go for one click forward from all the way back, and then slightly reclined, still feels awkward sometimes though, i cant never get it just right!

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Fairly upright. Like to have my legs slightly bent when the pedals are fully depressed, arm straight and the top of the wheel touches my wrist. As low as possible in the car as well.

Very similar to me.
When on track move seat closer to wheel.

Better than yours. C*nt.
I managed to get from Eindhoven to home on the CC the other week, including a monumental "oh no" moment when some rando pulled in front, thankfully he got out the way just in time lol

Bigger motors (certainly the 5-series and A6) actually brake from the CC - so if you hang on the stick for dear life trying to slow it down it puts the brakes on!