ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What products?

BG 182
It's been well over 4 years since I've owned a vehicle I actually want to spend some timing cleaning, polishing and protecting... I also lived in a 3rd floor apartment in the city with no outside tap!

I've recently picked up a 182 BG, and keen to get it cleaned up and looking good for the summer! As it stands, after a wash and a quick drive out its filthy again! is also got a few minor marks that should polish out

I know theres a detailing thread, but its 100odd pages long!

can anyone point in the right direction for some essentials, I'm on a bit of a budget currently.. but appreciate a cleaning mit and a clay bar are a good starting point.

Thanks in advance.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Look up ONR if you can't wash conventionally. It's what all the southeners use when they're complaing about hot weather and hosepipe bans.

Also, read the stickies at the top of the section

Ph2 Meg 225
Depends on your budget and how involved you want to get really. I'm no expert but from what I use on a black car these would be suggestions of what I use/used

wash mitt - £10 from halfords
2 buckets
drying towel

shampoo, autofinesse lather or hubikote are my favourites
iron x for bodywork - around £12
clay bar
wonder wheels hot wheels (can get from morrisons) £4
tyre shine, meguiars endurance tyre gel (halfords) - around £10
Auto finesse revive trim restorer - £8
ive recieved good results polishing by hand with a lake country hand polish pad and meguiars ultimate compound
or autofinesse triple as an all in one

some sort of protection, sonax brilliant shine detailer acts as like a paint sealant if you don't have the time or budget to wax

im no proffesional and still learning but you could also carry on with the following

tar remover
glaze - I like am glaze
wheel sealant
pre wash to remove grime
wax as said above

i also love in a flat block and take mine to a local jet wash and do it.

Honda & VW
With the amount of people asking for products to get started with I'm half tempted to put a load of products together myself. I must have so many I no longer use but would be too expensive to try and sell individually what with postage. Do a bulk offer.

Beaten up 182
For wax you could try something like a dodo juice panel pot, only a tenner and you'll get a couple of covers out of it.