ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What pulley's should turn?

Megane Coupe 2.0 16v VVT
Looking at my engine today whilst it was ticking over and I noticed that one of the pulley's wasnt turning with the belt.

The easiest way to explain, When your looking down at them its the one down the bottom nearest you. It looks like its part of a separate pump of some sort with 2 silver pipes leading out of it side by side.

Any idea what to do?

Dodgy one
Is it safe to do so? Will it wear the AUX belt down quicker?

If the belt runs round said pulley and its siezed you'd hear it screeching and see smoke as the belt burns out,

Said pulley cant have the belt going round it and be siezed if you see/hear one of the above

172 Race Car
Air con compressor has a clucth on it. It freewheels when its not on. Look again and get someone to turn the aircon on. you will hear a click and see it start to turn.

Sounds perfectly normal to me

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
a/c pump runs on a clutch type system, one part moves when a/c is off, you cant really see it, flick your air con and the part at the end of the pump will start to spin (thats if your air con works.

Megane Coupe 2.0 16v VVT
a/c pump runs on a clutch type system, one part moves when a/c is off, you cant really see it, flick your air con and the part at the end of the pump will start to spin (thats if your air con works.

Thats exactly it, Its the end bit I was looking at with the three bolts on it that I noticed wasn't turning. Tried the aircon when I went out there and it was nice and cold but never looked under the bonnet. Will check tomorrow just to be safe.
Cheers for that Ali.

Thanks everyone for the replies, Put my mind at rest.

John