ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What roll cage

Clio 172
Hi all
i am wanting to race my 172 in the tintop championship next year but don't really know which roll cage to fit to meet msa/ fia regs
the prices seem to vary between £600-£1100 for a cage
i know I need to meet the regs but would a £600 sparco bolt in cage meet the regs
regards
lee

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Hi all
i am wanting to race my 172 in the tintop championship next year but don't really know which roll cage to fit to meet msa/ fia regs
i know I need to meet the regs but would a £600 sparco bolt in cage meet the regs
regards
lee

If you haven't already got a copy here it is online... be familiar with it: MSA Bluebook 2012

Clio.
Hi all
regards
lee

Hello and welcome, which tintop chamionship are you doing?

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Welcome to CS mate, Fred at BTM has a group buy on cages at the minute, I believe hes started/starting a thread

Cup In bits
The easiest and best bolt in cage would be a safety devices as it can be removed easily if the shell takes a bad knock. As said Fred is doing a group buy on a basic 6 point custom cages cage and what I have is the Oreca race cage with a few modifications which is circa £600. I don't think there's a more comprehensive cage for the money and all the coping is perfect which can't be said for others.

2C9A3468-DFD3-41BB-B7C2-A766064AEFA3-14448-00000C425A9F2502_zps7e5ce1ca.jpg

15F55CC1-1C7D-43F4-BF6D-6C345FBB70BA-14448-00000C425A418383_zps34713ce2.jpg

Clio 172 Cup
As swede cup said, easiest fitting and best bolt in cage would be the safety devices. That's what i went for and have no complaints.

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Welcome!

Fred has just put the group buy up but you will have to become a member to see it

Only £12 a year and well worth it, as you'll get full access to the site including all the Traders sections :)