ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What shall i do...

200 Gordini
Currently my straight through 2.5'' centre section goes smaller at the join with the cat so it fits to the standard cat. pic:

DSC00274.jpg

Ive now got a huge crack in my cat so ive grew a pair of balls and decided to go for a decat :evil:

Shall i..

a) Cut the smaller part off that joins to the cat and extend the 2.5'' centre section to the normal length meaning that any decat would now fit.

+'s are i can always revert back to a cat when i feel like it
-'s are the exhaust would need removing to weld the extension therefore more work and costs.

or

b) Cut the smaller part off that joins to the cat and have a custom decat made

+'s are less work involved, maybe cheaper, no need to remove the exhaust.
-'s hassle if i want to sell the car and put a the cat back on or if i change my mind.

or

c) stop waffling

Also, anywhere reputable in the West Midlands to do the work? Ive had an estimate off Fred and prospeed want around £100 but thats 100 mile each way.

clio sport 182
i just read an advert for the devolopment of a scorpion exhaust and they were going to develop a sports cat for it aswell but they found the standard clio cat was actually better than a sports cat any way, their words not mine.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Normal Decat will fit on there just fine and as Fred said it will make such small if any noticeable gains it just not worth the hassle

200 Gordini
Most off the shelf decats are 2.5'' anyway arent they?

Would the exhaust definitely have to come off if i decide to extend the centre section?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Is it aftermarket?

Probably just remove the centre section and make you a new one,

Yozza iirc and a few other aftermarket decats fit on the std systems so would fit on to that join just fine and save any fabricating costs

200 Gordini
Is it aftermarket?

Probably just remove the centre section and make you a new one,

Yozza iirc and a few other aftermarket decats fit on the std systems so would fit on to that join just fine and save any fabricating costs

Yeah, just a custom straight through pipe.
If it doesnt need to be removed then i'll have it extended but as said it would be a pain and more expensive to have it removed.

I'll have a search to check the sizes.

Fred, What size is the yozza decat?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
As Fred says unless you get one fabricated but then you'd need your Cat modifying like I had done to get the exit on that to be a true 2.5" aswell but I really didn't notice any gains,
I just had it done to get a stronger join as I didn't like the Bellend and Clamp so now have the Cat and Centre Section joining by a strong flange which works great and makes swapping the Decat and Cat even quicker for me.

200 Gordini
2.5inch, but it shrinks down a wee tad to meet the centre section (they all do)

What decats are 2'' then? or will it shrink down enough to fit mine :S ive not got a clue

As Fred says unless you get one fabricated but then you'd need your Cat modifying like I had done to get the exit on that to be a true 2.5" aswell but I really didn't notice any gains,
I just had it done to get a stronger join as I didn't like the Bellend and Clamp so now have the Cat and Centre Section joining by a strong flange which works great and makes swapping the Decat and Cat even quicker for me.

Im not worried about swapping the decat to the cat really. Ill only need to do it if im selling.

Can you get a picture of yours please? Id like to see your join

ibiza cupra
id just leave it as it is mate and stick the decat on. wont make any difference so not worth all the aggro it would caust you. just get the decat, strait swop job done and you can then chang it back when you need to without any hassle.