ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What should be in my boot?

172 cup
Hi everyone, new owner of a '53 plate 172 cup here.

I was just wondering what should be inside my boot. At the moment thereis just the carpet covering the floor and the spare wheel well, I am assuming that at some point there was some sort of rigid floor under the carpet and covering the whole area of the boot?

Also, I've noticed some surface rust in the spare wheel well itself, just on the bottom part. Is this at all common? Should I be worried about it and if it needs treating somehow how should I go about this?

Thanks!

172 Cup, Ibiza Cupra
I think the Cups should just have a can of tyre weld. And a filmsy carpet.

I've got a spare wheel in mine though as I don't like the tyre weld.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
I kept a spare in my 172 Cup. Bit stupid driving about here with no spare!

Where in Glasgow are you?

Audi TT 225
It's a cup, my boot is full of Nitrogen, Oxygen, Argon and Carbon Dioxide. No spare wheel, that's what the AA are for

172 Cup, Ibiza Cupra
Yeah because the massive weight of a spare wheel makes a huge difference with day to day driving.

172 Cup, Ibiza Cupra
And if you believe that then you deserve to wait an hour for the AA to come and change a wheel.

Audi TT 225
I was just agreeing with you, lol... It doesn't come with a spare anyway, so i'd have to go out of my way to get one.

172 Cup, Ibiza Cupra
It was sarcasm sorry... it makes f*ck all difference apart from adding a little weight over the back wheels.

Would rather have a spare wheel than save a tiny bit of weight on my motorway commute.

Audi A4 1.8T Sport
It was sarcasm sorry... it makes f*ck all difference apart from adding a little weight over the back wheels.

Would rather have a spare wheel than save a tiny bit of weight on my motorway commute.

thats your choice, leave him to his ffs.

bloody kids.

my boot consists of about 4 pairs of shoes, full tool kit, jack, spare wheel, foot pump, 3 coats and other random crap to add to the weight.

Audi TT 225
I guess it depends how and where you drive, I generally don't drive huge distances so there's not much need if I'm 30minutes from home the old man can pop over with one ;) If i did have one i'd probably throw it in for longer trips, but i don't so it's not an issue ;)

muggles ... i'm sure this is a discussion board, and this is a discussion, we're not insulting each other so i fail to see the harm, it would be a dull world if everyone agreed on everything.

172 cup
I agree, I think a spare would definitely be a good idea, some of the road surfaces up here are shocking! Would a simple steel wheel off a more basic Clio do the job or do I need to try and get hold of another alloy?

I've been staying in the west end/charing cross since I moved up here, and I work over in Cathcart. Are there many forum members from around here?

Any thoughts on the rust anyone?

Cheers for the replies guys

172 cup
oh and to be honest, I initially was more worried about the lack of any sort of floor under the carpet lol than whether or not to get hold of a spare wheel!

I guess when people say the cup is basic they really mean it!

koi

Audi S1
There's loads of us on here!

Afraid it's just a flimsy bit of carpet you get, chop up a piece of mdf to fit if you want a falt boot.

Wish I had a spare wheel, roads here are a nightmare.

Audi TT 225
They sure do :) I had a problem with water in the spare wheel well so maybe it's the same issue, I didn't leave it there to rust though, lol. In my case it was the rear lights. You can knock up a bit of mdf to fit over the well, just trace over your mat, cut out out, cover in some speaker type carpet and job's a good un. That's what i did initially anyway, until I stripped out the rear seats, hehe