ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What should I do before my MOT?

2003 Clio 1.2 16v 172 rep
I've my MOT on saturday and i'm looking for some things that people have failed on so i can look out 4 them.
I've a 2003 1.2 16v clio.
I set off the p/s airbag in the seat but have since replaced the seat. Airbag light is still on though, do you think it'll fail on that?

Everything else is ok i think but any other suggestions would be great

1.2 clio grande + 172bhp
they may fail it on that light being on its a safety thing for the car. only way around it is to strip the clocks down and rip the led's off. thats what i had to do with mine.

simple things could save you a few quid ....... check your lights are working ok , front windscreen wipers .

'02 1.2l 16v Clio Expres.
Take it to an independant MOT centre, my dad took his bora to a kwik-fit and they failed it, despite it only being 4 years old, for excessive wear to the brake drum. He used to do his own mots (but doesnt anymore because of all the electronics) and knew that that was rubbish, he took it to an mot centre and they passed it, telling him that places like kwik-fit fail you for minor things in order to get more business!

Broken Diesel Megane :(
mine is due soon too. need to re-fit the CAT and get new fog light.

put it in for a pre check (was only £20) and that was only things he picked up on.

my airbag light is on too because i have stripped the car. hopefully they can switch it off.