ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What should i do ???? Car related

i know its a long way off but in a years time iam looking to change my car
i currenlty have a clio 1.2 16v dynamique and am paying £159 a month for it and about 50 quid for insurance,

i was thinking about getting a 1.6 next prob a fiesta zetec s new one,
but to get the payment to about 200 a month i need to put about 1k deposit. and about 700 pa for insurance

but i new idea i had is to get a mk1 172 for about 5k about 150 a month over 3 years, or 6500 for £211 ish a month this would cover the insurance of about £1500 pa

i really want another clio as i love them, i can get parts cheap plus my cup spoiler and other bits i can put on the 172,
your opinions please but i can guess what there going to say

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
In a years time..............

alot can happen in a year, first of all a 172 Mk1 may not be worth 5k IMO

will prob be aiming for around that price for a 2001 one, want a minter,
i need to sort my insurance out this year hence why iam plannin now so i can see what will happen.

06 Ibiza FR + 02 Clio 1.2
many ppl have mentioned what a huge step it is to go from the 1.2 to a 172, youd probably be better getting a 1.6 for a few years then moving on to a renaultsport at a later date

Golf R/Leon FR
i moved from a 1.2 to a 172 last april its fine it is a big jump in power but if you drive it carefully till your used to it then you'll be fine. (although im not saying drive like an idiot when your used to it) if you want a 172 go for it dude

i will drive carefully i love my cars so much, and get so pissed off when the smallest things happen, i dont go past 3k rpm on my 1.2 till its warm lol, i think i will be ok power wise, i ride a motor bike and u need to be in control there.

msa182 said:
alot can happen in a year, first of all a 172 Mk1 may not be worth 5k IMO
LISTEN TO THIS ADVICE !!!
Depreciation on all the sport models are shocking :(
a Mk2 172 only fetches around 6k as a guide.

"Navy" N17 TWO
I was thinking along the same lines Dave - wait until nearer the time when you are ready to change the 1.2

Meantime, keep the 1.2 in good condition (I know you will if look your motors like you say)

I intend keeping my dci80 for a rite-while yet, until I am in a better-paid job and have my foot on the property ladder.
Even then, keep the current car as a runabout as the ins on it will have come down, so I can easily afford to put a performance car on the road.

Best quote I've got for a Mk2 172 (£6k + 3yrs NCB) was £3100 - the joys of living over here :rolleyes:

Although that seems like a good plan - nobody knows what life is going to throw at us

Trev

Golf GTI 1.8T
thats a crap quote then tigger...

anyway I say wait untill the time dave, I was thinking of doing the same thing and getting a 172 this year, but to be totally honest I dont need anything fast, dont get me wrong i'd love to but with that extra power is extra money, so I'm going to keep my car for at least another as its pretty cheap to run. Probably get a new bike and get my kicks out of that, plus way faster than a 172.. :)

172 mk2 Iceberg
Well i kept with a small engined car till i built up my no claims to 4 years ,then
i could protect it. I wouldnt be in such a hurry to get some power under your right foot yet,and id never pay more than 600 a year to 3rd fir n theft my car,this is for london too.Just do your time,itll save you so much in the future:sleepy:

RenaultSport clio 182 cup
Mate if you can afford it go for it , why hang around for years to get a car you want! I went from a 1.4 206 to a Brnad new 182 cup, only have 1 years no claims.

the 1.6 clio (RXE or RSi) have no problem keeping up with the Zetec-S or the SportKA (sportKA has the same engine as the zetec-s) so if you want another clio, get one of them, my RXE set me back £3100 a year ago and i pay £800 insurance including mods.

well iam thinking about 6K on a mk2 clio 172/cup, i will be over 21 and been driving for 3 years 6 months when its comes to the time,
prob sell my bike as well,