ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What should I do first??

A Fcukin Car
Right, I would like to introduce you all to Benson, I have only had him for 3 weeks, he is an 03 plate 1.2 16V Dynamique and although I love him there are loads of things I wana do to him. Only problem is my lack of funds so I really need to prioritise my list of to do jobs and just don't know wat to do first.

Bits & Pices

At the mo I have got some 17's on but they look pretty gash so I am after some 16” OZ Superturismos and want to get it lowered around 45ish.

Colour coding needs doing but don’t know whether to have this done or wait and save up for the 172/182 front and back bumper, side skirts and spoiler.

Full sound system, nothing too OTT just a nice head unit and some decent speakers, couple of subs and an amp.

Windows are gona be tinited, got a quote for £150 so just need the dosh for this.

Any ideas wat I should do first and any other ideas on wat I should be looking to do to him??

A few pics of Benson now b4 his makeover.

Cheers Adele x

Attachments

• Copy of th_DSC00631.jpg
    Copy of th_DSC00631.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 466
  • th_DSC00631.jpg
    th_DSC00631.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 449
  • Wheels.JPG
    Wheels.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 102
  • Me.jpg
    Me.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
  Leon Cupra R 225
get some coilovers 1st, sell the 17s get 16s, take it down 50mm all round, get rid of the lexus lights put back to standard, new cup grill, 172 front & back bumper aswell as side skirts.

get one sub, 2 can be too much in a 1.2 and add considerable weight. get a v6 spoiler just to name a few. get a powertec induction kit. and a full magnex 3" stainless steel exhaust.

I'd like it then. ;)

R

Rebecca

His name is benson right so before you make it all pretty take it on a track and run into some hedges.

I would do the cheap things first tin of hammerite smooth and a tin of elbow grease clean and paint the calipers a nice colour this will inspire you to colour code the rest. Plenum and fuel rail cover look nice shiny too or have the engine cover painted these are good (cheapish) mods. Could change the interior lighting to a blue theme too as this is not as expensive as I would have thought if you have some electrical know how.

Leon Cupra R 225
p.s OZ Supertourismo's would look good against the colour of your car. :)

Also get Silvervision bulbs for the front and rear light clusters to help smooth the look.

A Fcukin Car
tommyboy said:
get some coilovers 1st, sell the 17s get 16s, take it down 50mm all round, get rid of the lexus lights put back to standard, new cup grill, 172 front & back bumper aswell as side skirts.

get one sub, 2 can be too much in a 1.2 and add considerable weight. get a v6 spoiler just to name a few. get a powertec induction kit. and a full magnex 3" stainless steel exhaust.

I'd like it then. ;)

Just a few things then :D

A Fcukin Car
tommyboy said:
p.s OZ Supertourismo's would look good against the colour of your car. :)

Thats wat I was thinkin, just need to pick sum up for not too much, how much for a decent set d'ya recon?

Leon Cupra R 225
Benson03 said:
Just a few things then :D

You wanted ideas :eek: .... I did a few of these to my 1.2 16v before I sold it :(

Still... no time for talk, get to work on Benson. Hope it goes well. Get some pics up of 'him' as things develop.

:approve:

Leon Cupra R 225
Benson03 said:
Thats wat I was thinkin, just need to pick sum up for not too much, how much for a decent set d'ya recon?

Check the parts for sale section on here, also try ebay but be wary of any dodgy items/sellers.

If you want to buy them new and cheap try www.wheelbasedirect.co.uk

I got hold of a set of 16" TSW Catalunyas for my Clio all balanced ready to go on Toyo Proxes (tyres) for £520.

Delivered before estimated time aswell.

R

Rebecca

Billytheclio said:
Rebecca said:
His name is benson right so before you make it all pretty take it on a track and run into some hedges.

Dont quite get the hedges part???
001_unsure.gif

Benson and Hedges the brand of ciggarettes.

R

Rebecca

Billytheclio said:
Rebecca said:
ohhhh derr sorry i get it now!!

lol. Good advice though if you want to do a track day or anything do it before you get all the nice mods done as you will end up miffed when you crash it or get low speeds due to all the added weight and stuff.

Also have you considered getting a TV installed into the dash top my boyfriend has done one in his mates car and one in ours they look really nice, very discreet too.

A Fcukin Car
tommyboy said:
Check the parts for sale section on here, also try ebay but be wary of any dodgy items/sellers.

If you want to buy them new and cheap try www.wheelbasedirect.co.uk

I got hold of a set of 16" TSW Catalunyas for my Clio all balanced ready to go on Toyo Proxes (tyres) for £520.

Delivered before estimated time aswell.

£520 that seems cheap! I have put a post in the wanted section, didn't have time to look at the for sale bit yet!

A Fcukin Car
Rebecca said:
Billytheclio said:
lol. Good advice though if you want to do a track day or anything do it before you get all the nice mods done as you will end up miffed when you crash it or get low speeds due to all the added weight and stuff.

Also have you considered getting a TV installed into the dash top my boyfriend has done one in his mates car and one in ours they look really nice, very discreet too.

I don't think I would trust myself on a track, all too easy to crash IMO!!!

I wouldn't mind some decent gadgets like tete or watever but would rather do the body work etc first.

Leon Cupra R 225
Benson03 said:
£520 that seems cheap! I have put a post in the wanted section, didn't have time to look at the for sale bit yet!

Expect to pay a little bit more for OZ's though than TSW's. Wheelbase have a massive selection so don't pay over the odds.

R

Rebecca

Just do what you want it is your car so it is your choice. It is nice to see something unique that shows your personal style. These things are all marmitey and some people will not like it but that doesn't really matter.

A Fcukin Car
darren_rallye said:
Don't mod a 1.2 - yawn.

Why not, I would love to get a 172 or 182 but can't exactly afford one or the insurance seen as I have only been driving since may and I'm only 22!!

Leon Cupra R 225
Rebecca said:
Just do what you want it is your car so it is your choice. It is nice to see something unique that shows your personal style. These things are all marmitey and some people will not like it but that doesn't really matter.

Well said. ;)

People who moan either shouldn't look or just stop conforming to fit in :eek:

A Fcukin Car
Rebecca said:

I don't wana chav it up (forgive the Lexus lights lol) I just wana make look and sound abit more polished.

Actually I wana make him really pretty:D

Leon Cupra R 225
Benson03 said:
I don't wana chav it up (forgive the Lexus lights lol) I just wana make look and sound abit more polished.

Actually I wana make him really pretty:D

Pretty? :S

Mini Cooper
id colour code the exterior as it is now, as getting the 182 bumpers, can make it seem like your trying to be as fast as a 182, and colour coding the normal bumpers is more original!!

selling the lexarse lights and wheels will also help fund this, and just get soem cheap 15" renault wheels for now til you can afford the oz 16s as they suit the car more than your 17s!!

R

Rebecca

If I ever get David's car which is iceberg silver. I want to spray the bottom lilac and have it blended into the silver above and have the engine bay shiny with dark purple colour coding and the break calipers and front cone for the viper all in the same dark purple. Also was considering purple stripeys instead of the paint job. But then David said it would look rubbish and he would not sell me the car to do those things to it :dapprove:. It is nice to be able to make the car unique so I would like to something to it that is literally one of a kind.

Blue Clio 182
Clio_Sport said:
id colour code the exterior as it is now, as getting the 182 bumpers, can make it seem like your trying to be as fast as a 182, and colour coding the normal bumpers is more original!!

selling the lexarse lights and wheels will also help fund this, and just get soem cheap 15" renault wheels for now til you can afford the oz 16s as they suit the car more than your 17s!!

You can use my 15s until you flog the 17"

th_DSC00680.gif

Mini Cooper
darren_rallye said:
Don't mod a 1.2 - yawn.

ignore comments like this, they arent very helpful!!

the easiest thing to start modding on are small engines as there cheaper to buy and a hell of a lot cheaper to insure!! also, they are fun to mod, as they come very basic looking, most high spec cars (182, etc) imo are the finished article, so dont really need modding!!

good luck with the modding

A Fcukin Car
Clio_Sport said:
ignore comments like this, they arent very helpful!!

the easiest thing to start modding on are small engines as there cheaper to buy and a hell of a lot cheaper to insure!! also, they are fun to mod, as they come very basic looking, most high spec cars (182, etc) imo are the finished article, so dont really need modding!!

good luck with the modding

Thanks, I am looking forward to doing it then it's gona be all my own work and just how I want him to look, I mean I wouldn't say no to a 182 but think my insurers might!!

Benson03 said:
Why not, I would love to get a 172 or 182 but can't exactly afford one or the insurance seen as I have only been driving since may and I'm only 22!!

Your insurance probably won't be hugely different once you've declared the mods!

A Fcukin Car
chiefsilverback said:
Your insurance probably won't be hugely different once you've declared the mods!

But I can't afford the initial out lay, I bought the car cash so no finance on that and I can do it up at my lesiure wen I have the money, which admittedly at the mo I am seriously lacking!!

R

Rebecca

It is also good that you take pride in doing the work yourself and thinking of your own things to do to the car rather than getting others to do it or buying premodded.

Insurance should be cheaper with the 1.2 modded than with a 172 or 182 I should think.

A Fcukin Car
tommyboy said:
Remeber to get pics of Benson up in the media section as you do mods.

Yep, I am gona ask Al very nicely to take some decent before shots 2moro at the meet.

Leon Cupra R 225
Benson03 said:
But I can't afford the initial out lay, I bought the car cash so no finance on that and I can do it up at my lesiure wen I have the money, which admittedly at the mo I am seriously lacking!!

Oh no, distinct lack of funds :dapprove:

Mk2 Ph1 1.2
Cant wait for payday...got same problem loads of things to do on car just insufficient funds for a few months while i pay things off. Will be buying the clio a pressie tho on payday...Angel eyes....then some new alloys (chrome maybe)