ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What should I expect cost wise for respraying damage? Pics inside.

'20 Zoe, '09 V70
Morning CS,

Recently I went away for a long weekend and left the car in a long stay car park at the airport. Came back, dent in the door. No biggie - can get it pulled out and all will be fine.

I've managed to spend more than 2 seconds looking at the damage I thought was there and in fact there's a dent but also several scratches as well - a few minor ones but one's a right whopper. I'm currently in the process of trying to claim from the car park for the damage but realistically it could fall flat on its face, so I'll have to pay to have it fixed.

What sort of cost am I looking at to fix the following? Presumably whole panels will need to be sprayed which increases the cost tenfold :rage:

Pictures are crap as they're from my phone, apologies!

EylkYtw.png

8aONnZk.png

Bd6SRp6.png

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
From the pics they look like hardly anything. I would probably not bother getting it done but you might get away with using a chips away kind of person.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Polish that out no problem.
I think claiming is a little OTT for that, so much more hassle than it's worth.

Clio 2.0 16v 182
Suction cup and heat should work on that. For the scratch use a touch up kit. The claim probably won't do much as 90% of car parks have a "at own risk" disclaimer displayed somewhere.

Listerine & Poledo
It's a 12-yr old shopping-Clio.
If the worst damage it's got is that, then it's possibly the most immaculate in the world.
To that end, also, getting a pro-job done to fix it to factory-standard will cost more than the value of the car.
Get the polish out, you'll be fine :)

'20 Zoe, '09 V70
I didn't specifically claim, they sent me a survey (as a lot of companies do) and they said they'd investigate it after I wrote in the comments the car was damaged.

I'll try polishing it and see what happens anyway.