ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What should I use?

BMW E46 330i Touring
Been having a dig around of all my bits and piece and found my half used bottle of Vanilla Moose Glaze.

Should I use this after the SRP and before EGP, or will it just mean the EGP won't bond to the Vanilla Moose? If using SRP, is there much point to the VM?

BMW E46 330i Touring
Quiet here today...

On another note, will my phone work after slipping out of my pocket into a tactically placed bucket of water!?! :mad:

BMW E46 330i Touring
:( Not looking good. Left it in the airing cupboard all afternoon but am just getting funky colours on the screen. It's now gone onto the radiator for the remainder of the day in the hop it may be dried out in the morning.

Old phones used to be fine once completely dry (2/3 days) but I wonder if the technology used in newer phones means there's more to get damaged when water goes in them.

The worst thing is I didn't even realise it had slipped into the water until I emptied it out, so think it must've been in there for a good 5 minutes!

Mito Sportiva 135
Been having a dig around of all my bits and piece and found my half used bottle of Vanilla Moose Glaze.

Should I use this after the SRP and before EGP, or will it just mean the EGP won't bond to the Vanilla Moose? If using SRP, is there much point to the VM?

The glaze will add to the looks, yes, and should fit in the routine after the SRP and before the EGP like you say.

However, it will more than likely (Without doing a molecular test!) reduce the longevity of the EGP protection as it won't bond to the SRP as well. Having said that the EGP will still obviously work but just not as well. The VMG gives a really good look so might be worth a go. Worst case scenario you can just SRP then EGP again, although you will probably be fine just doing another coat or two of EGP in the next few weeks.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Thanks mate, went and did in the end. Looks to have a nice gloss to it, wetter look than normal. 'Tis raining now so will be interesting to see how she beads and dries over the next day or two.

106 GTi
The VM wont fit into the AG SRP and EGP combo, it would need to be used after the SRP but will mean the EGP then won't bond.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Pah ^ bloody newb's... ;)

EGP was probably a waste of time but she's looking lovely even after being driven in the rain today. I find the glaze gives it a much wetter look, what sealant would you recommend over the top of the VM Rich? Was thinking about the Optimum Spray Wax...

Also, running out of P21s, finally, anything you'd recommend in the same price bracket?

106 GTi
What ever you use over the VM you will not get huge amounts of durability due to the oilyness off it. Sealants are a no no on it tbh - but I did get ok results using EX-p over it then a carnuba. Any Carnuba will work on it - I would initally use a proper carnuba and then use the Optimum after the first wash and after subsequent washes.

I am still using P21s and then Optimum Car Wax on the silver 306 here, you could look at Megs 16 for winter but it is a pain to use.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Ah, fair enough, will see how it reacts after the next wash. I'm not particularly bothered about having a durable wax for the winter - was just wondering if the game has moved on fro P21s with all these new waxes that have emerged.

106 GTi
I have tried to spot the difference over P21s on Silver trying the Swissvax and Zymols I have - I can't.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Silver cars make you think...i just wasted 8hrs cleanin and it looks the same.