ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What side is your temp sensor on?

Clio 1.2 Expression
Just a simple question really, wich side of the car is the temp sensor in the mirror on your clio?

I am asking because my mirror was smashed off some time ago, I bought a cheap replacement and it didnt come with the sensor. Though it does have the mounts inside to fit one. I was originally looking to buy the sensor to go in the mirror but I have now decided that since my current mirror is of the flat black variety and I need a colour coded one, it would take less effort and be more cost effective if I just bought a new one with the glossy primer finish with the sensor allready in.
Only problem seems to be the best one on sale on ebay at the moment claims the sensor should be in the drivers side mirror and mine was in the passenger side.
I sent a question to the seller to see if he listed it wrong and he says its because mine is an import, I suspect it may infact be that either there is no differenence or that he is selling import goods. Especially since he followed the import comment saying that its only a temperature sensor so not important anyway since I dont really need it (usual sales speil).

Clio 1.2 Expression
yep passenger side

yeah same as. are imports on the drivers side ??

Im guessing so, though this seller on ebay tried to claim it was the other way around.
Said that allthough it would connect it would report the temperature wrong but then Also tried to say it wasnt important anyway.
But Isnt the temp sensor a key component in the climate control system? I dont have climate control but he doesnt know that.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Passenger side ..

I dont think the outside temp sensor is for anythign other than your info.. the CC wont come on if its too cold but I think that is done by the intake air temp sensor.

Clio 172 mk2
Passenger side on mine as well

I only know this as I smashed it last year and had to take it off to get it resprayed....noticed the temp not working so put 2 & 2 together.