ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What size spare wheel should a 172 have?

Clio 172 ph2
I've recently come into the possession of a phase 2 172 :)cool:), and it has a full sized alloy as a spare, so the carpet in the boot doesn't lie flat over it, as it's too big.

Are they supposed to have a space saver? Does anyone know what size should it be?

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
should be a full size alloy, mine sits flat fine, i think it's face down from memory

Clio 172 ph2
Thanks guys. I guess I'll look at how the current full size wheel sit's in there and try and sort it.
I think it has to be face down btw, because the jack/toolset sits inside the wheel.

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Yep correct my ph2 172 had a full size spare and should be face down as the tools/jack sits inside it.

It may have something under the wheel. Mine had some protective material under it so the alloy didn't get marked. Check if this is doubled over so it's not sitting flush.