ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What sort of Gamer are you?

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Not amazing at single player stuff, normally play on normal then raise it to hard, although i just do plug away as others have said.

Online on COD/Halo etc i'm pretty good i think, usually the top or 2nd ranked in each match i play.

PC shooters - I can't think of one that I haven't completed. WaW still needs to be finished, though. Racers on consoles or PC I don't always bother completing. For me, they're more about online, or time trials with mates at 3am. I rarely feel compelled to finish a racer. It's the taking part that counts, if you will.

I've completed many many games in my time, but rarely bother with 1000% completion. Only Nintendo's best have ever driven me that far. Super Mario 64 I completed with every possible accolade. Sonic on the Game Gear I finished several times with every possible ring, every possible life...no hits or damage from start to end. Perfect run. I think I was addicted to that TBH.

I almost always play at default difficulty in most games. Racers, I tend to max up all the 'sim' options.

PC Shooters for sure. Used to play a lot of battelfield 2 and 2142 online, but now am more sticking to single player games. Loved Far Cry 2 by the way.

Also like stratergy like Sins of a solar empire and Supreme Commander.

Racing games are fun to on the G25 but I just keep going back to shooters.

57 Clio Campus Sport
I have the skill to do it on the harder settings but usually stick with casual so I can enjoy the game more rather than stress myself working a bit harder. If I really enjoy it on normal I go back an do it on harder

When playing online, FPS like Halo 3 or COD I'm usually MVP or close to being MVP, racers I can hold my own, was very good at PGRs but usually just about podium with the more realistic racers.

Last edited:
I played COD4 on hard and it was a slog!! COD5 on normal and was much more enjoyable!

Last edited:
  Motorbikes
Pretty average.

Better at racing games than shooters, my mate is opposite. I pwn him on Forza/GRID but he usually has the upper hand on COD4, catching up with him though. Completed most of COD4 on Veteran.

1.8 Civic EX
i consider myself to be pretty average overall tbh but i'm bit of a perfectionist i like to go for 100%...(sometimes i just get bored and stop though, not as hardcore as i used to be lol)

take batman for example...scouting around then if i get spotted i just load from the last checkpoint to try and do the whole section without getting spotted...

rhino16v.png

DCi
on racing games i dont like arcade styles so i just turn it up as hard as i can from the off. that is fun for me.

i used to be really good at shooters (pc) when i was like 15, i got invited to lans and stuff but thought it was a bit geeky and never went haha.

i dont even bother with PC games much anymore, i just play xbox with my mates... when i get time to play anyway

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
I would say I'm average on all first person shooters and probs most other types of games other than strategy/boring games.
Would say I'm above average with racing games I was number 1 on several tracks on Forza 1 for months and still in the top 20 last time I saw (without glitching!). Made it into the top 32 go win a Fiat on Forza but didn't win my group:(. I also got some very good times on PGR and Motor GP.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Used to be super mega hardcore (before the real dawn of online gaming) used to have mates over with tv's and xbox 1's in tow to play link cable style, 4 consols, 4 tvs, loads of us, was epic but i calmed down big style.

Recently started again with GOW 2, but the 1 player side of games has some what lost appeal, I'm much more into online now and saying that (as long as my connections good) i can pwn most on GOW now ;) )

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
funny though isn't it, how some games u care about and some u don't. i for example was obssesed with c&c, soldier of fortune II and more recently SF4, i've got pretty high up in the rankings (G1) but even with 80% win rate, it always dawns on you how many other players out there are better, even if it's through game imbalance etc etc. i consider myself to be above average but only in certain genres. i'm s**t at racing games, good at fps, prob best with fighting games as i've played them all my life, tekken, sf, sf vs marvel/cap, sf ex, fighting vipers, virtua fighter, mortal kombat, killer instinct,, dark stalkers, king of fighters, primal fury etc etc .

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Soul Caliber? Reported as the best fighting game there's been.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
no way! not above sf4 or tekken, but yeh loved it, even the new one with the star wars guys in it. great fun

Nissan 350z
The fact that everyone in this thread is playing games single player, against the AI to have difficulty settings such as: Easy, Medium and Hard means your all girls when it comes to gaming.

The real gaming challenge is taking it on online and being succesful! No difficulty ratings is how we pros roll :p

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
who said anything about singleplayer? weirdo :/
I think most people said online was the best, I think he has problems reading.

I agree with roy about mario64, and zelda to the same effect, I actually found myself wanting to finish those games 100%

Titanium 182
Ocarina of time, I was stuck inside jabbu jabbu's belly (for those who know it) for months. Was like 7 or something when it came out. Completed it 100% in the end though, and majoras mask. Still my favourite game of all time !!!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Orcania of time was another beyond it's years like shenmue!

Fishing in the lake! Bliss!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I almost always play at default difficulty in most games. Racers, I tend to max up all the 'sim' options.

Exactly this.

I'm not very good at games, will always try to complete everything I buy though.

F82 M4
Well, booted up Res on the gamecube last night, such a f**king good game. Started it on hard and I swear it's harder than before! I haven't played it in about 4 years and I must of lost the skills! I'm struggling now lol. I WILL NOT LET IT BEAT ME THOUGH!

Titanium 182
Graphics are/were amazing on the gamecube for resident evil 1... Better than the crappy Wii IMO

Aye cos they used fixed camera angles init ?

It didn't detract from the game at all though, I think it added to it. You never knew what was around that next corner :rasp:

Between me and my brother we're pretty good at games, anything you beat me at, he'll beat you and vice versa.

Usually start playing games on hard as it improves your skills and view of the game for the multiplayer. ;)

182 Trophy (216/500)
I usually go for medium first time round. Not obsessed with getting 100% unlike a mate of mine.
Pretty average at driving games and shooters online, and usually get owned by my mates at forza/grid and gears2 but on COD4 i'm better than them. this is probably because i really enjoyed COD4 and played it a lot more than them.

cant wait for COD6 gonna love it!

DCi 100
I used to be a gamerscore ***** and complete games up to 1000 GS, but then got a gf etc lol! Got up to 28k, 10k, 8k, 7k, 5k x2 (one being the current account), and an account with 3/4k on it. Not too bad.

Completed COD4 on veteran, including mile high club to get the 1000GS on it a good 4/5 times now. Completed Gears of War on insane a good 5/6 times over the years. Had a good 20,000 kills on BF2:MC that I used to play, nearly 30k kills on COD4 (1.95 K/D which is okish). Tons of stuff on various other games.

I guess I'm competitive, and go for the 100%, but these days I don't find much time to play because of having more of a life than when I was in school.

Fiesta ST-2
Normal or Medium all the time.

I absolutely rage when I have a s**t team on COD4 though!

Yeah me too, I'm playing headquarters aim of the game capture and protect headquarters. Lot of people play for k/d ratio instead and camp in the middle of the map in grass or nowhere near the HQ. Or you get a team of snipers that make no attempt to get the HQ and make you spawn at the bloody wrong end and then there's connection problems. After racking up 60k+ kills you have a good idea when someone should be dead or if you should have won the 1 v 1 and yet every time I receive this injustice low and behold they are the host with full connection! Saying all this I always come back for more lol

H.Maxim

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FF
I used to play on normal too but now i always play on the hardest setting, as for completing 100% depends on the game really. Most of the time i'll just play the story/career mode and be done with it.

Motorbikes
Yeah me too, I'm playing headquarters aim of the game capture and protect headquarters. Lot of people play for k/d ratio instead and camp in the middle of the map in grass or nowhere near the HQ. Or you get a team of snipers that make no attempt to get the HQ and make you spawn at the bloody wrong end and then there's connection problems. After racking up 60k+ kills you have a good idea when someone should be dead or if you should have won the 1 v 1 and yet every time I receive this injustice low and behold they are the host with full connection! Saying all this I always come back for more lol

What I hate is when you get behind a wall then die, lag ftl :(

Fiesta ST-2
yeah you see the kill cam and the click noise (hit detection) happens when you've ran behind the building lol

Revels Mum & Sister
By that, I mean how highly do you rate yourself as a gameplayer?

I usually play games on Normal difficulty, and I don't think there's many games I've played that I think I would be able to conquer anyone in the world at. My mate, on the other hand, seems to play games on the hardest settings straight from the off, because he's that used to the challenges. He's ranked very highly on XBLive and I've seen him wipe the floor with many challengers on a whole host of games.

I know there's quite a few on here who consider themselves to be decent gamers who'll test themselves to the max from the get go. They'll always go for the 100% completion figure, and search out the hidden items and/or XP points even though the game has been finished with. Whether that be in racing games, platformers, shoot 'em ups or even strategy and sports, how good of a games player do you think you are?

Like I said, I'm pretty much Average Joe. I love games and have finished my fair share of them, but as far as sticking with them until they are 100% done, I think I get bored too easily and feel the need to move on and take on a different challenge. But my main point is comparing your ability to that of others. How do you think you rate?

I am like you Scutch more and more I have less time to devote to games as well. Plus as you know and just like you if something gets too hard and takes AGES AND AGES to get past, controllers get smashed up. Becomes a pricey venture!

Fiesta ST-2
Lol I had a spaz recently, I just threw the controller directly to my left it went out the door, down the stairs and into the kitchen lol its still OK, fizzes a little on vibrate though.

Titanium 182
Mate smashed his PC up with his 360 controller lol, it still works but the casing on the controller has massive gaps where the joins are. The pc case is held together with duck tape and the Mobo is attatched to the case by 1 screw and a piece of double sided tape.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Me and my brother broke 4 pads on the ps2 playing pro evo against each other!

I can still feel the frustratingness at getting beat! Arrrrgggggghhhhh!

Fiesta ST-2
Mate smashed his PC up with his 360 controller lol, it still works but the casing on the controller has massive gaps where the joins are. The pc case is held together with duck tape and the Mobo is attatched to the case by 1 screw and a piece of double sided tape.

lol pwned! There some funny videos of people getting irate over gaming on youtube. Saw one where a kids mom cancelled his WOW account, pretty sure at one point he tries to insert the tv remote up his ass.

1.8 Civic EX
lol pwned! There some funny videos of people getting irate over gaming on youtube. Saw one where a kids mom cancelled his WOW account, pretty sure at one point he tries to insert the tv remote up his ass.

PMSL yeah that was posted on here a while ago...