ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What Spark Plugs for a 1.4 16v?

i got the ngk bkr6e as thats what the guy int he shop said they were

and theyve made the misfire worse lol

are they the correct ngk plugs for my car?

Cheers

ClioI Ph.3 1.6 16V
i got the ngk bkr6e as thats what the guy int he shop said they were

and theyve made the misfire worse lol

are they the correct ngk plugs for my car?

Cheers

Correct one is BKR6EZ (gap 0.9mm).

Better ignitability you will have with BKR6EIX or Denso IK20. But check also the coils...

Titanium 182
When mine was misfiring it was the coils, believe there £40 each from renault but apparently if one goes the rest are more likely to go. Don't know if thats true but either way i would check the coils too!

ClioI Ph.3 1.6 16V
it doesnt have a z on the end of the box that i have? does that mean the one si have are wrong?

The thread of the "Z" is slightly shorter than of the normal. Here you see the comparison between the PFR9G-9 (that is from the dimensioning totally equal to the BKR6EZ, only that it is a platinum type) and the BKR6E.

PFR6G-9_vs_BKR6E_1.JPG

the difference is the distance of the gasket ring.

PFR6G-9_vs_BKR6E_2.JPG

I would only use the Z!

But as I already said and also Aluco recommends: Check also the coils.

ok well i got 4 new coils for £60 bargain from gsf! with work discount.. so ill replace all and see how it goes.

and yep thats the exact plug i got above bkr6e..

if its not the coils should i change plugs again? they only cost £8 , its misfiring a heck of a lot more with these plugs! i had trouble pulling out of a junction foot to floor first gear and it went no where lol 10 secs to 20mph

Titanium 182
TBH I reckon it will be the coils from the sounds of it, but if the plugs you have are a bit crap for £8 sake change them too.

lol ive just changed all 4 coilpacks.. its the exact saame!

and the new spark plugs i put in yesterday have defo made it worse, its all the time now.. and just intermittent.. before.. what could the problem be?

going to go stick old plugs back in now as at least it was driveable before

what a f**king headache

lol its same with old plugs so what the hell cud it be?

do i have a fucked valve or something?

somebody must have had this happen to them