ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What speakers are you running in your clio?

clio dci
So some clio's have speakers in the back? Because my 5 door only has speakers in the front doors and tweeters in the dash

Beaten up 182
Yep, the higher the frequency, the more directional it is. Ideally you'd have the tweeters at head height, equal distance apart pointing at you. It doesn't really matter where the sub is in the cabin.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
@ TheEvilGiraffe would components all round be a good bet? Ive brought some good components today & wondered if I should buy 2 more

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
As I said above.. The standard ones.

No need for anything in the rear IMO.

Oh ok kool just that ive just brought some Rockford Fosgate Punch components for the front & might buy some more for the rear aswell or I might just buy the coaxial punch speakers just for the rear

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I have edge components in the rear atm

I think you mean "coaxials"

I've just bought some JL TR Coaxials, MTX Components and a JL XD 5ch amp.

Cant wait to get it all fitted, once that's done then ill choose a sub.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
I think you mean "coaxials"

I've just bought some JL TR Coaxials, MTX Components and a JL XD 5ch amp.

Cant wait to get it all fitted, once that's done then ill choose a sub.

This is what I have in the rear ATM scott
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/171146786051?nav=SEARCH

That will sound really good mate. Both very good manufacturers. JL sub would thump, theres plenty of choice. The best sub I had was a Rockford fosgate punch in my 1st car. Was only 400W but it packed a punch

Im going to go RF all Round
Ive gotta rip the top dash out to fit the new tweeters when I get a chance lol

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Oh well ill be fcuked, where have you mounted the tweeter?

I went to Pluse car audio today.

Yeah the JL subs look good, the boxes are so small now days but they said they thump.

Once my kit is in then they said to pop over and they will put whatever i want in my boot to test.

Im also taking my dash top off.

This is what ive bought.

20140530_135348_zps95ksj4lk.gif

Last edited:
  172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Oh well ill be fcuked, where have you mounted the tweeter?

I went to Pluse car audio today.

Yeah the JL subs look good, the boxes are so small now days but they said they thump.

Once my kit is in then they said to pop over and they will put whatever i want in my boot to test.

Ive not mounted them anywhere yet. I have 4 of them so might stick 2 in the rear aswell

Pulse? Is that the place in hadleigh (London Road)

Yeah JL Subs Rock mate you defo pay for good quality. How much are their subs matey?

Yeah I thought that the boxes looked smaller earlier when I was in safe & sound in thundersley

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Yeah that's the place, ive known the owners for years.

The 12 was about £350

Clio 3 extreme
Got some cheap crappy edge speakers in the front and a pair of jbl go6050's in the back, jbl's have some decent bass on them so no need for a sub at the moment :)