ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What the hell should i do! Help

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
ok at the minute i have the 172 and the Willy. IMO best of both worlds. I can pick and choose whether i want pure fun or a bit of comfort and pace! (Although the willy is fucked just now)

I've put the 172 up for sale, for one main reason! I Want a Vee. I can afford it but not for about 6months. Insurance is about 300 more than the 172 and thats cool too.

If i sold now, i could get 7k easy. I'd put that aside till i bought the Vee. BUT and it's a big but could i live with out the 172 till that point. Esp with winter coming the Willy has not been 101% reliable. And this whole crash situation at Cadwell didn't help my confidence in the car.

Whilst i love the Williams i'm beginin to think i should keep the Pink bus for another 6months then boost it. Then i'd lose a little bit in the value and only 1/2 my 900 a year for insurance.

The Vee will cost me 17k, and insurance is 1200 for reference.

Gareth cheers for the PM i see where your coming from regarding the meggy and a bit of praticality for the money..But i'm only 21 and i really want fun!

Pro's and con's eh?! I know as soon as i sit in this Vee tonite i'm fucked because i'll need it there and then.

Advice!

Exige S1 + Honda S1
I had a willy and vee at the same time as you know, as much as I loved the willy for the raw power and fun, I still couldnt stop driving the vee.

Its the noise, torque, smoothness (if driven right) and the looks. Its the right thing to do, you know it is!

Although, id have to say, Im scared of it in the wet, if it rains tonight at the meet, im not coming... lol

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
^Haha..You better be there mate. You could swing the vote on me buyin sooner than expected.

Bragg you love men son, i would neva buy a Cup! It's got less spec than my williams! GHEY!

Keepin the williams indefinetly.

ALi

Broken Diesel Megane :(
ali you are just jealous you aint my type ;)

anyway who needs "spec" when you have speed :D

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
if u hav the money u shud go for the vee and the 172. daily drive - 172 and weekender - vee
how perfect

Ali said:
^Haha..You better be there mate. You could swing the vote on me buyin sooner than expected.

Bragg you love men son, i would neva buy a Cup! It's got less spec than my williams! GHEY!

ALi

Near all Willys are falling bits tho now mate, i think you should keep the 172 for longer.

Driving around in a willy on a daily basis would end up pissing you off loads and means you might have to dip in your 7k to sort it out

Exige S1 + Honda S1
Willys that are mistreated are falling to bits, I used mine daily, and it was mint. Didnt have a single mechanical problem either.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
^Agreed but i'd be concious that i'm driving a 12yr old car.

As it is to fix it, i need a new alloy,hub, disk, pads, calipers, Lines...And then my confidence bak in the car. i think i need new shocks too...they look shagged.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Nice position to be in Ali...

Keep the 172 until 8 weeks or so before the Vee,as you said you might loose a little but nothing major to worry about.

Can you not just get a loan for the V now?

I'd personally take the Williams off the road for say a week or so strip as much as you feel safe off it and replace all bits which look like trouble whch will cost a few quid. Then sell the 172 and least you'll know the Williams is as reliable as it can be.

Maz

LY 200
Sell the 172 and the willy and buy the V NOW .. im sure your lovely family could stump up the cash for you until you get it sorted, I have seen the size of your house remember ;)

Ali said:
Gareth cheers for the PM i see where your coming from regarding the meggy and a bit of praticality for the money..But i'm only 21 and i really want fun!

i went out in that 225 f1 round cadwell....

how boring!

FredYozzasport said:
buy an Z3M coupe

Like that idea^^ bit of a head-turner like the vee.

Personally I'd sell the 172 now if you really want the vee in 6 months, rather than taking on a loan. You'd still have a cool car in the Willy! 6 months ain't that long

MKIII 138
Guy said:
i went out in that 225 f1 round cadwell....

how boring!

true but a lot of turbo cars are, just like diesels sitting on all the torque its much better having to rev the nuts of a car even if its much less power just for the feelin of caning something and that sound. in defence of an F1 or any meg you have to remember there a GT car at heart and not really designed for the raw thrills that the N/A Renaultsports have been giving from V6`s 182`s etc. but it has other qualities that can be apreciated

Exige S1 + Honda S1
Ali said:
Z3M...The choice of Homo's No thanks!

oi my dads drives the coupe! lol

the roadsters is a hairdressers car but the coupe is as rare as Vees.

And as much as i dont like saying, it absolutely wipes the floor with my vee handling and straight line speed :(

203-schnitzer_coupe_a.jpg

Cant say thats not nice?!

Last edited:
meggerman said:
true but a lot of turbo cars are, just like diesels sitting on all the torque its much better having to rev the nuts of a car even if its much less power just for the feelin of caning something and that sound. in defence of an F1 or any meg you have to remember there a GT car at heart and not really designed for the raw thrills that the N/A Renaultsports have been giving from V6`s 182`s etc. but it has other qualities that can be apreciated

its not a turbo thing.
its just the fact that its just big heavy comfy and quiet

not bad if youve got kids and stuff i suppose but like ali says, at 21 he wants something thats fun to drive..

Pikey Truck
Ali said:

ALi

But its as much if not more fun as a williams!!

If it were me i'd sell the pink bus now & give the williams a proper good service, that way any reliability issues on the williams will be sorted out. Then i'd get the vee in 6 months time.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
cat171 said:
If it were me i'd sell the pink bus now & give the williams a proper good service, that way any reliability issues on the williams will be sorted out. Then i'd get the vee in 6 months time.

Pretty much what I said tonight Ali!

Ad

MK2 FRS
meggerman said:

Im embarassed for you......

it like saying the VX is a hot hatch at heart.....:S

edde said:
I'd personally take the Williams off the road for say a week or so strip as much as you feel safe off it and replace all bits which look like trouble whch will cost a few quid. Then sell the 172 and least you'll know the Williams is as reliable as it can be.
That's what I'd do. Yeah it might cost a bit to bring the Willy up to scratch, but at least you'd have piece of mind (but it'd be up to you to keep it ON the road through teh ice and snow ;)).

It's a hard decision, but you'd probably loose more money through the 172 depreciating over the next 6/12 months than you'd have to shell out on repairs to keep the Willy going. That'd be the arguement for me, but obviously you know better than us what sort of expenditure the Willy is needing.

Also, if you're keeping the Willy indefinately anyway, it wouldn't be a waste if you did have to make repairs to it - i.e. it's probably money you'd have to shell out on it at some point in the future anyway.

Ally

P.S. If you sell the 172 and use the willy make sure you've got the best AA membership "just in case" lol.

williams and trophy
Shaunbrass said:
Near all Willys are falling bits tho now mate, i think you should keep the 172 for longer.

Driving around in a willy on a daily basis would end up pissing you off loads and means you might have to dip in your 7k to sort it out

never heard so much bollox in all me life. the willy. if looked after properly is as reliable as any clio. 5 years no major problems wi mine. driven evry day, to within an inch of its life. ali uv bin in wi me at brunters......thats how it gets driven evry fukkin day lol.

sell the gaybar car now while its still worth summat and enjoy ur driving in the willy. if u keep on top of it and give it grief all the time.....itl look after u ok.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Yep...I think the pink bus will remain for another 6months. Then i'll sell and buy the vee.

Shaunbrass said:

Load of rubbish! Used mine for a daily runner for the last 3 years, never broken down or had any problems! My Willy is utterly bullet proof - I'm hearing more stories of 1*2's breaking down (after only a few thousand miles I might add) than Willys these days...

Last edited:
Williams are reliable if there mantained and are kept on top off just lie 172's I'd have no worries running one so long as I'd checked and replaced an possibly problems and wearing parts ie dampers ball joints clean rust treated there great cars.