ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What They Are Saying At Mini

Lee

BMW M2C

Im sure Tom pops up in that thread somewhere.

Stop provoking people on here, you know how much they love their Clios. ;)

Renault Laguna Coupe

Not really comparing like with like are they. You can get a Clio V6 for not much more than a Works Cooper S with all the kit on it.

im going from mini to 182 im going to miss it but i will get over it :)i think

[Edited by 182woo on 21 October 2004 at 5:23pm]

Ziel Nurburgring

Why bother, no matter what site you go to theirs is always best. Bet if you went to a fiat forum the would claim their puntos are best.

do i really have to go over there and explain to them how toss their cars are ? i worked for a bmw/mini main dealer for 6 years until three months ago and believe me you wouldnt touch one if you knew half the things i do about them.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

MINI2 Privilege Member
Waiting for 210 horsies !

Local Time: 05:22 PM

we thought tom was sad!

[Edited by Clart on 21 October 2004 at 5:26pm]

Clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by BluePete on 21 October 2004
Since when goes a Mini2 have heritage?!

Glad you asked that, I was wondering about that statement lol

I think they use similar self tapping screws as the Morris Oxford.

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 21 October 2004

do i really have to go over there and explain to them how toss their cars are ? i worked for a bmw/mini main dealer for 6 years until three months ago and believe me you wouldnt touch one if you knew half the things i do about them.
they are not toss they are very good cars dont be daft and blinkered

Quote: Originally posted by 182woo on 21 October 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 21 October 2004

they are not toss they are very good cars dont be daft and blinkered

Theyre good cars. Dont sl*g minis (or should it be MINIs ;)) cos then youre just as bad as them ("Ive got a better car than you!").

But theyre far too common, mega over-priced, and too many are driven by idiots round where I am. And for those reasons, I wont buy one!

im not being funny but ive owned one for 2 and half years and had a lot of faults with it but its still been a super car

i could go one of two ways with this, firstly my opinion of the car ie how it drives, looks, VFM etc or i could just sit and list the problems, recalls quality issues etc with them on top of numerous design flaws all of which is cold hard fact but id be here all week. im not saying the clio is free from faults or problems but the mini is ten times worse and you pay a hell of a premuim for what is supposed to be a superior product which IMO should not be priced any higher than a clio.

Quote: Originally posted by Ally on 21 October 2004

Theyre good cars. Dont sl*g minis (or should it be MINIs ;)) cos then youre just as bad as them ("Ive got a better car than you!").

But theyre far too common, mega over-priced, and too many are driven by idiots round where I am. And for those reasons, I wont buy one!
well said

i love the way they always go on about how much we will lose on a clio sport but they forget to mention that we can get at least £2500 of a 182 try and get even £100 discount from bmw. and another thing. why do they always as well say that they rattle and fall to pieces and that they are not safe. if they botherd to check the clio is infact a safer car than the cooper/s espesialy for the back seat pasengers.

in the end if they want to spend £17000-£18000+ on a cooper s then thats their lose i think my self.

they also go on about how much of a girls car the clio is when look @ what the f*** they are driving. idoits i do beleave. i bet they aint so happy when the clio does them from a set of lights. as long as me car beats the cooper s then it can rattle as much as it bloody dam well likes lol

had loads of faults its not well built at all its got materials tho and with a new make of car you get a lot of recalls i dont think quality will be that bad now they have been out for a few years cant wait for the 182 29 days to go

Yaris Hybrid

The Mini is a trainee estate agents car and 18k is a bit too close to the price of a WRX for anyone with half a brain.

They have a massive waiting list, the dealers wont offer discounts or even give you a good price for your px. They also have a less than enviable history with regards to faults.

They are not made in Germany but an ex British Leyland/Austin factory by ex BL/Austin workers. Its just the great grandson of such class cars as the Princess, Allegro and Maestro.

Hardly a quality motor.

and bmw claim they are not making money on them so they are taking out some of the expensive internals like the trick rear axle.

not making a profit? wtf!?! there are loads on the road!

Quote: Originally posted by Toypop on 21 October 2004
The Mini is a trainee estate agents car and 18k is a bit too close to the price of a WRX for anyone with half a brain.They have a massive waiting list, the dealers wont offer discounts or even give you a good price for your px. They also have a less than enviable history with regards to faults.They are not made in Germany but an ex British Leyland/Austin factory by ex BL/Austin workers. Its just the great grandson of such class cars as the Princess, Allegro and Maestro.Hardly a quality motor.

they are moving production to brazil where they make the engine to cut costs

MINI JCW

I like the Cooper S, the prob with it is expensive and weighs to much so the RS clios murder them in a straight line.

the clio is over a second quicker to 60 and about 4 secs quicker to 100. The 182 according to autocar is faster than the Cooper S Works as well.

What the MINI has going for it is good handling, better build than the clio and better residual values but its more expensive.

IMO the 182 is the better car, EVO and autocar agree, what car and autoexpress dont so there aint much in it

The old mini v clio debate makes me laugh everytime I read it. Both are good cars with their own + points and - points. There are some very blinkered views on there. This made me laugh the most "theres about 3 trillion of them on the road" since getting our 182 I have seen about 8 or 9 if that. How many MCS? I once counted 7 on a 10 minute walk through Manchester. Plus the comments on the gordini strips is a classic, those strips have been around years, where as Mini Viper strips are ripped off errr let me think a Dodge VIPER.

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..

..but the mini has a toytown dash, all those big dials lovely :p its a noddymobile lol

Quote: Originally posted by James on 21 October 2004

Quote: Originally posted by BluePete on 21 October 2004

Since when goes a Mini2 have heritage?!

Glad you asked that, I was wondering about that statement lol

I think they use similar self tapping screws as the Morris Oxford.
Ok, lets see, not even made by mini. The rights were bought by bmw. So then you might think. Ah well thats ok its a bmw essentially. WRONG. The engine is a chrysler piece of sh!t. Come on, the car is absolutely gash and is way to highly over-priced.

Oh, and all these comments about heritage. Ok the original was a bit of a race car but this new one has no race links whereas renault have always been in racing and the clio itself currently has its own racing series. Some people are thick as sh!t. They think theyre better than us because they were ripped off for their cars lol.

Ta, Andy

Quote: Originally posted by lincswhite on 21 October 2004

one of them says "its still a clio!"

well isnt a mini still a mini?
Nope, the orginal mini is a real mini. The new MINI only uses the same four letters in its name! And why do they insist on demanding it be called MINI (not Mini)?! Not as if we all ask for ours to be called Clio Renaultsports 172s/182, etc. Anal or what...?

Loony, got to say Im surprised with what youve said. Guess it shows the power of influence that car mags and advertising has over me (and most probably most people), because Ive not heard many issues / problems with the MINI (but then, I only hear whats put in car mags and the press - dont know anyone who owns one).

LMAO at thius thread

I have recently chosen a corrola T sport over a type R as a company car

Why you might ask, well it makes a much better company car than a type R , softer suspension and fully loaded compared to the stripped Type R. Does it make a better drivers car........NO! My research included autoexpress!

The mini bunch seem to use autoexpress as their bench mark! A good bench mark when selecting a company/family car but when it comes to drivers cars try autocar or EVO.

In autocars words the cup (also read 182) is in a different performance league to the MCS, the cup would hold onto many a supercar x country whereas the mcs would struggle to hold onto an M3. Their words not mine.

And tbf they are right the mcs could be the better all rounder as far as auto express are concerned but us guys are proper drivers and dont need to be nannied!

PS there is a cup in my garage:D