ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What to do - 182 Cup track car dilemna

Robmarriott

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup
Hello guys, it’s been a while since I’ve been on here but I thought it was probably the best place to get some decent advice.

A good few years ago, I built a track car, which turned into a race car, got damaged and I planned to re-shell.

I bought the replacement car quite a long time ago and it’s just never really gone anywhere, I’ve got a pile of bits, a shell with no interior and no inclination to get it all in one piece.

I’ve got to the point where I’m not sure what to do, I don’t know if I’ll use it if it gets bolted together and I’ve not really got anywhere to put it, but on the other hand, I put my heart and soul into building it the first time round and I don’t know if I can bring myself to part with it. It’s also a complete nightmare to sell as it is because it’s literally a load of bits (easy to shift) and a 182 Cup without any interior at all (the nightmare part)

I’m stuck, I don’t know what to do at all, maybe some strangers on the internet can guide me?

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Awkward one that, I'd say drive a working car and see if it's a Clio you want for definite or affinity is just for your particular car. If it's just a Clio 1*2 you want then buy a complete one and sell all your stuff off. If it's that particular car then you've got to either bite the bullet and get ripped in or decide how much you really do want it and cut your losses.

Robmarriott

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup
I’ve got a standard road car too, another, identical 182 Cup in fact (which I need to sell at some point). That’s what’s making me question the track car. It was a big chunk of money to build the first time and although it was great on track and would be again, it was awful on the road so it has a very limited window of use for me. If it was already built I don’t think I’d be questioning it, I’d sell up and regret it a few years down the line, but with it being in bits it’s just a lot tougher to deal with.

4GTS/7.5R/182
I find it tough to give advice on something so personal, but I think these cars standard are great (fun) on track and the money most mods cost can go a long way in consumables and general maintenance.

When you're going to or coming back from the track, and generally going for a hoon on country roads, the standard car is once again great.

It sounds like you either need to go easy on track mods this time round or try something else?