ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What to do next?

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
I fancy just splashing some cash at my car right now.

What can i do to it?

Here is the most recent picture of it.

cs-06-10-07_21.jpg

cs-06-10-07_20.jpg

PS - No crazy ideas, RSi side skirts are being put on the car in one week also. No colour coding of the side mouldings/bumpers.

FOR SALE - Mk1 V6
lower it about 70mm and stick on a nice pair of big front disc's. that's what i did to my old mk1. So much fun.
and in the hands of a pro driver it overtook superbikes while going around the ring.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
id leave it as is, save the £300 or whatever and stick it away for when you get to the milestone 2 years NCB and it will go along way to easing the pain of insurance and help with outright car purchase.

Trust me!!

I had a corsa when i was your age and i wanted to get 17s, HU, sri bodykit, coilovers, amp, blah blah - didnt bother and saved up for the 172 - honestly dont waste your time youll only regret it and waste cash.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
In both pics the rear quarter looks lighter than the door & front wing, is it lighter ?

Agree'd! If thats the case i'd get it doen again.

Can't understand why you didn't get it colourcoded! Would look miles better.

Get turbines, lower it on anything!! I'll even cut you a set and then it will look worthy of an area rep! ;)

Here's another pic of it.
33.jpg

I'd get the paint colour mis-match sorted first. Then go for another set of alloys & spot of lowering.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
In both pics the rear quarter looks lighter than the door & front wing, is it lighter ?

That was when i got the car resprayed. It would be hard to match my red as that is the original renault red (rear quater) the rest is due to UV on the car. So i dont know what to do about it.

R20 CWH said:
id leave it as is, save the £300 or whatever and stick it away for when you get to the milestone 2 years NCB and it will go along way to easing the pain of insurance and help with outright car purchase.

Trust me!!

I had a corsa when i was your age and i wanted to get 17s, HU, sri bodykit, coilovers, amp, blah blah - didnt bother and saved up for the 172 - honestly dont waste your time youll only regret it and waste cash.
I thought about this, im only one year away, just thought i would change the car a little. I dont want to kit the car out with major expenses, just little things, already sorted the interior out now, got matching headrests, took me one year to get them!

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
That was when i got the car resprayed. It would be hard to match my red as that is the original renault red (rear quater) the rest is due to UV on the car. So i dont know what to do about it.

R20 CWH said:

Trust me!!

I thought about this, im only one year away, just thought i would change the car a little. I dont want to kit the car out with major expenses, just little things, already sorted the interior out now, got matching headrests, took me one year to get them!

fair play mate, i just wouldnt waste alot of time, cash and effort as ultimately your just jizing cash away.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
A decent body shop would make it look a lot better tbh.
The one i went to are a good place, do alot of body work for the upper class folk cars(merc, bmw, harry fairbairn etc), and they did mine as a favour for other things i did for him. So cant complain.

They did however say that was the renault red of the car as it was made, just the UV was over the rest of the car. When i polish the car up the colour matches perfectly,(car wasnt washed for two weeks).

I fancy just splashing some cash at my car right now.

What can i do to it?

Here is the most recent picture of it.

cs-06-10-07_21.jpg

cs-06-10-07_20.jpg

PS - No crazy ideas, RSi side skirts are being put on the car in one week also. No colour coding of the side mouldings/bumpers.

Were these pictures taken at the waterfall at Glen Coe?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Agree with craig, adam, if they can match my old man's 68' Merc 280 then a 90's clio should be a breeze!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
do what i done to my mk2 1.2 16v...

15" wheels, 195/45/15 eagle F1's, Coilovers, Polly bushes, big brakes, strut braces.

ull never have so much fun in ur life, mine was miles more fun than my 172 down a backroad untill i put it back to standard today :(