ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what to do with 1.2 extreme?

vicky
i'm thinking of doing a bit of work on my engine, but am not to sure where to start. was thinking of getting an induction (pipercross or k&n, also saw a carbon fibre one from halfords, but don't know too much about that particular one). is it worth putting a turbo timer or just get a better chip. i know i can't do much with a 1.2 but this is a car i want to start working on to improve it.

any suggestions???

EK4, 632 on black, Mk2Ph3
dont improve a 1.2, i dont even bothher with the engine in my 1.4 let alone a 1.2. turbo timer, what for? and an induction kit will only make the car have a ncie growl.
your better off just doing small detailing like lighting, lowering, maybe some alloys of your choice etc.

alien green rs133
make it look and sound like a sport, you not gonna get any performance increase really with out either head or cam work :D

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
colour code, slam, IK if ur feeling flush, other than that dont bother, save up for a faster car matey. end of the day its a 1.2 and ul be lucky to see 80bhp:)

vicky
thanks for the advise guys. in that case i'll stick to visual improvements i.e. alloys, lighting etc. well i should be changing the car at the end of the year, im stuck between choosing another clio (bigger engine size, not to sure what type tho...any suggestions), a seat leon (at 1.6) or a bmw 318ti or 316 (both are the compact models). which one would be easier to mod and would get better results

If your looking to change at the end of the year, don't bother modding it, save your cash for your new car.

i'm thinking of doing a bit of work on my engine, but am not to sure where to start. was thinking of getting an induction (pipercross or k&n, also saw a carbon fibre one from halfords, but don't know too much about that particular one). is it worth putting a turbo timer or just get a better chip. i know i can't do much with a 1.2 but this is a car i want to start working on to improve it.

any suggestions???
For a turbo timer, you need a turbo first.

Here's my advice, forget about Halfords & the stuff they sell, there are a lot of other suppliers out there who sell a lot better products for less money.

vicky
who are the better suppliers for perfomance? i'm new to the whole modding scene, so am just getting my feet wet and forums like this are a godsend as it helps people like me know more about cars from people who love cars. am looking to join cruising group, well once the car looks decent. know any?

Where are you from ? Tbh we don't really go in for crusises on here as they are a bit on the chav side.

Have a read through some of the threads in the modding sections & go from there, there are a lot of mods & companies out there, remember different people have different tastes.

172 Cup, Ibiza Cupra
Is the new extreme not a 1.2 turbo? Surely there must be some tuning potential in there somewhere?

Tbh he never said what clio it was just a 1.2 extreme, I assumed it was a mk2 one which is n/a.
A mk3 1.2 has a turbo yeah, he should have said that from the off.

vicky
point taken cat171, will check out the modding sections. i'll check out those links to, nice one peperami. swordjo i'll check that

vicky
just checked out the k-tec site thanks peperami. i've got a few ideas now for visual improvements. will save the engine mods for a bigger engine (1.4 or 1.6) what do you suggest cat171?

1.2 Dynamique billabong
ive got a pipercross on mine but thats purely for sound, it was cheap and i didnt buy expected gains really, still glad i got it though as i like how it sounds

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
You could add on an air filter and exhaust back box which you can pick up well cheap these days but other than that dont bother! I started in a 1.0 Corsa, done the above plus 15s and lowered it and only spent about £600 on the mods and it looked okay for what it was at the time!

Put anymore money towards getting a faster car in the first place :rasp:

Stagecoach Ticket
You could proberly get abit of performance from a few parts

Cold air induction kit of some kind
1.2 K Tec re map
and few more bits and pieces

but you be looking at about 800-1000 pounds to see 90-100 bhp? :dapprove:

Ive gone down visual upgrades with mine intill insurance drops and you can go to bigger cars for cheaper.

Get some nice wheels, go down 35-40mm get it looking mint condition without all the extreme stickers etc. Is it the extreme that is already colour coded? if so then you will have a respectable nice car.

Things like fresh un dealer marked plates , silvervison bulbs and rs grill make the world of difference to.

320d
Tbh i'm keeping mine standard i think and saving for a sport. If i don't get a sport next year i will lower it and put a ktec induction kit on just for some sound. But only mods that are easily reversible because mygoal is to be in my own mint 182 within 2 years. Thats when the (tasteful) mods will start.

vicky
yes its the coloured coded extreme, thanx for the tip (jimbo-clio) was actually looking into lowering it but was unsure about how low to go. thanks everyone elese for the advise & tips most appreciated