ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What to do with my 03 1.2 MK2 Clio

Renault Clio MK2 1.2
So I have a 1.2l, 03 Clio, got less than 30k on the clock!

As you can see, it's had (nearly) nothing done to it. I want to do some stuff to it, but not really sure what...I don't want to go crazy, just some subtle things that'll make it stand out from a bog standard one. I've been looking into doing something to the black plastics....not sure what though? Maybe colour coding, maybe making it a proper black instead of the grey that it seems to be.

So far, all I've done is: LED sidelights, Osram Night Breaker Unlimited headlights, a Neverbeen sticker and I have removed the black box on board window sticker (why did I ever put it on in the first place?!)
You guys and gals got any ideas what I could do to it? I'm open to all ideas, no matter how big or small... Do your best :clap:

Oh, and the dent in the bonnet is from a cyclist that went into me... I wasn't the one at fault yet he won't pay for it!
icon8.png
Getting it sorted next weekend

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9am83n19w472yzy/2014-02-01 15.55.00.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/srpoe0ppqi20mj2/2014-02-01 15.55.04.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/i2rpmn7t7b26dga/2014-02-01 15.55.13.jpg

2014-02-01%2015.55.00.jpg
2014-02-01%2015.55.04.jpg
2014-02-01%2015.55.13.jpg

Pictures aren't uploading, if somebody could do it then it'd be much appreciated

Renault Clio MK2 1.2
Good shout on the spoiler, I've never liked it being black.
Could get my hands on some Team Dynamics alloys, whatcha think? Can't really see what shape they're in on the pics http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-...orsport-alloy-wheels/1056383317#photo-content
I quite like the neverbeen sticker, a little joke between me and my mates. As for the window stickers...they're coming off soon, might invest in a Clio Sport sticker ;)
Black diamonds....good call....sticker them, paint them or buy some off eBay?

alloys are alright or you could try looking in for a proper clio set ...join the club and that will get you ur sticker and then you could check out the for sale section for bits.

Renault Clio MK2 1.2
I'd love to get a Sport, but unfortunately the robbing b******s that are insurance companies want 4.4k for insurance! Damn you, young drivers that can't drive!! So it's the 1.2 or nothing at the moment I'm afraid. :dapprove:

PH2 172
Ahh fair enough it is really expensive till you get a few years no claims or are over 25, just get some quality springs, nice alloys and do a bit of colour coding then pal :)

Renault Clio MK2 1.2
Just out of curiosity...does anybody like the colour? I'm not too keen on it, but was my Grandma's so couldn't pass on a car with <25k (when I got it) for as cheap as it was!! On the plus side, it does look lovely and shiny with a coating of wax on it :clap:

Not many people play with 5 doors. I have a 5 door clio rush 1.2 05 plate and i just recently changed wheels to 16" with 195/45 tyres, blue dust caps, blue rear brake drums and it looks a lot better. Now going to paint front calipers, lower the car and change the exhaust. I think 5 doors after mods look interesting. Good thing is if you like music you can pack the boot with subs and amps and you still can go shopping ;-)

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
To make it stand out from the crowd - do nothing.

It's a green 5-dr clio with wheel trims.

Making it look like every other car on here isn't going to make it stand out or make anyone in the street go WOW.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
as above, nothing. You'll only be reducing it's value if you play with it.

It looks immaculate now and you should keep it that way :) It's a very nice colour. Painting bits and adding stuff that isn't standard isn't worth it.

Renault Clio MK2 1.2
Anything I do do to it would hopefully be reversible... Keeping in mind my resale value! It's a lovely car, pulls quite well in the higher rev range... Kept up with a couple of newer 1.4s!
Any of you know anything about wrapping? If I can find a green that matches the paint, I may consider doing the plastics... As Big Spence says, looks a bit sh*t haha. Also, looking to change the wheel trims to the newer clio ones when pay day comes... 2 reasons: badly curbed and cracked my front left within the first 24 hours of passing my test, and also thought that it'd make the car look a little newer/smarter with them on. Opinions? Or should I just source one of the same that I already have? If anybody wants to see them, I'll chuck up a link. £30 for a bit of plastic seems a bit excessive to me though... that's 6 hours work! :eek: the things we do for love aye ;)

Titanium 182
Lovely colour, colour code and dynamic spoiler would smarten it up, not the most stand out mods but are effective, sport grill maybe? Just look on here for ideas, it is your car at the end of the day, do as you please.

1.5 dci Expression
Nice colour IMHO! 16" 172 alloys are cheap enough to source although they wont look a lot different to your wheel trims to be fair! Sport colour coded boot spoiler, colour coded mouldings and how about a pair of Sport front seats? The list is endless but you pay your money and take your choice!

Renault Clio MK2 1.2
Mini update:
Got delivered and fitted some new wheel trims! Very happy with them, updates the look of the car IMHO
7QSxupQ.jpg
qo0uJVC.jpg

Renault Clio MK2 1.2
Oh! And since when have DPD taken a photo of the house that it was delivered to?! It's as if I don't know what house number 4 is!
Gj4QzcK.png