ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What to do??

Clio Mk1 1.4RT
My '93 1.4RT's paint finish feels a bit like sandpaper at the moment :( . It's not been cleaned for a few weeks, should I wash it again first, then detail it? Or should I just try it straight away?

When it has just been washed the paint finish does feel smooth but would anyone
recommend I use some Meguiar's Quik Clay to get it that extra smooth, I recently bought some and haven't used it yet. I also have some AutoGlym Super Resin Polish, would it be worth applying that after I have used the Quik Clay? Or should I do that right after washing and drying?

Thanks

Clio Mk1 1.4RT
I don't think I've got any kind of wax or sealant! :( Do Meguiar's or AutoGlym do a kind of shampoo? As whenever I've cleaned something I've always been unsure on what to put into the water. Thanks by the way Rich. :D Top Geezer.

106 GTi
The Autoglym Shampoo aint that great IMO.

Of the shelf at Halfords options - Megs Gold Class or the Blue Zymol stuff are good cheap choices. If you want to use the net there are even better choices.

The Autoglym Super Resin Polish has protective qualitys but your better of with a longer lasting product on top of it as well. Check out the Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection.

al

ST on the way...
I'd stay away from the Zymol blue, the few times i've tried it, it has dulled the shine on my paintwork, which Autoglym never used to and Sonax doesn't.