ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what to do...?

Clio Sport Cup 172
Hi, I'm thinking of selling my 172 cup. It's currently in the body shop as an old fart bumped the bumper but it needs cambelt/aux belt/dephaser pulley and a service.
I'm just a little unsure whether to pay odd £600 odd for the above to sort it then sell it OR sell it as is?

Thanks
Tom

172 cup
In all honesty its not going to knock £600 off the price if you sell it without doing them . . . enough said

Clio Sport Cup 172
In all honesty its not going to knock £600 off the price if you sell it without doing them . . . enough said

cheers Riley. How much would you say it would be worth then, 52 plate, 78k, I will tax and test too?

Thanks

Clio 197

i think it would do if the buyer is clued up on the costs, i knocked a similar amount off mine when buying as it needed the belts doing

Clio 197
so how much would you sell it for.........I'm useless at this selling malark.

I think it depends on the area of the country too so its hard to give a ballpark. I would search Autotrader within a 40 mile radius and see what sort of money they are advertised for, you can also check Ebay for a guide on price, as your a full member too, check on here for prices and take into account the condition versus the ones you have seen advertised online.

Ultimately you need to set it at a price your happy with, how desperate to sell are you all should be taken into account.

Hope this helps

172 cup
I would pay as good money for a decent shell without belts for a shell thats not so good but with belts put it that way. All depends how tidy it is

Clio Sport Cup 172
cheers guys...as for tidyness...its average I guess, theres a tiny dint in the nearside back quarter, and the front bumper is getting resprayed next week so hopefully will look mint in a couple of weeks :)

ClioSport 172 (2003)
Hi mate,

Better the devil you know i say. What if you sell the car at a crappy price (likely with whats needed) buy something else and hit further problems that you didnt know about? If you do want to get rid though IMO you'd be better getting the work done and selling it for top price, people will pay top whack if they know recent major works been carried out.

Its your choice though matey, good luck whatever you decide