ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What to do.....

With my current MK1 172 coming near to end of warrant (got 83,000kms on it), have to decide if 1) keep the car, 2) get a 182 or 3) Get a Megane 225.... Hrmmm.. decissions :confused:

Street Triple R

depends on your money situation really, if you can afford a Megane 225, you probably couldnt go far wrong with one, on the other hand a 182 would be a natural progression

Meg on pistonheads £6995

question of cash and space - have you got it/do u need it?

182 from about 11K (nearly noo)

225 from 15K (04 on Autotrader)

Depends on what you want.

Do you want a Larger Car? If so try the Megane, personally I would also try some "Non" Renault Cars, and see what else is out there.

I was going to get a 182, but after a few test drives I realised that I didnt want a Small Car as my "everyday" vehicle.

Meg on pistonheads £6995

^^ 2 different cars is the answer

wife: sensible large estate for all the junk, trips to the tip and holidays

me: zippy little toy car for the rest

Full Fat 182 - Was..

Quote: Originally posted by black kro on 08 October 2004

Deffo the way to go^^^^

Quote: Originally posted by black kro on 08 October 2004

or another option sell her car sell your car, get her a bus pass pool the money together and buy a v6 sorted!;)

Meg on pistonheads £6995

^^ bus pass + V6

like that idea,

but she used to have a nice Coupe till sprog come along - I dont think Id pull that one off!

and I get my racing bike in the estate a lot easier and can park it anywhere when I turn up late for a race!

Dont get a 225 if you like the way the clio drives its a totally differnt car .

the steering is sh*t as theyve left the electric power steering on the rs225 and that just ruins the car .

get a 182

Quote: Originally posted by SOHROB on 08 October 2004

not a megane,so many problems with them
Its a Renault it comes with the terrotory.

Personally Id look away from the Renault range, 182 might be a bit too much like what you have already. Megane will be soft compared to what youre used to with the Clio.