ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What to go for

Seriousley thinking about either a Lotus Exige (2001 model) tuned to 190 bhp or a V6 255 cliosport a year old with low miles.

What are your opinions?

Currently running a Hartge mini and used to post on here a while back.

depends on what you are going to be using it for, day to day the exige would become a bit tiresome i would have thought.

Da

Less

*cough* V6 *cough* ;) Whilst the Lotus arent exactly common, u do see plenty of them bobbing about town, whereas the V6 is far far rarer and if i was spending that kinda cash id definitely want something that stands out from the crowd! All IMO tho ofcourse mate!

Ziel Nurburgring

Can i throw in an S2000 to the mix as well? Both mentioned cars are amazing in their own right, but i think the Vee holds more appeal, will hold its value better and would be more fun to live with on a daily basis.

Yaris Hybrid

VX220

Get the NA or Turbo depending on your budget.

Quicker than the Lotus so it wont need to be tuned (and increase the insurance) plus it doesnt break down or leak.

Parts are cheaper and there is a dealer on every corner.

I know when I did the motorsport sensation day at Bedford they were saying that they used to have the Lotus but the trouble was they spent more time in the garage than on the track so they did a deal with Vauxhall instead.

320d M Sport

alright mate!

i had the very same conversation while back, not that i can afford either like!

got to be an exige. fast, look mint and u could get 40mpg!!

Quote: Originally posted by CooperS-Boy on 20 October 2004
S2000 is not an option. More of an alternative to the Elise rather than an Exige.

Well, whatever you get, can I have a go? :D I didnt break your MINI and I extracted a good 0-100 out of it for ya ;)

Cheers for the resposes. Have been eyeing up the Exige for a while now. Can pick up a minter for about 20-22K.

Cause you can have a go Rhys. Ill just make sure that I dont follow Craggy in it;) Still paying the price now from that night!! What you running about in these days anyway mate?

R32s are mint but not much of a step up from the Hartge?

BTW - Wouldnt mind getting the mini on the rollers again if anyones planning a session down at nobles let me know.