ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What to look when viewing a Ph1 172

Impreza RB5 #054
I'll be viewing one of these tomorrow, anything major to look out for?
Only faults he's mentioned are little rust on rear arch, handbrake cable and steering wheel.

Thanks

225 Cup & Williams
Make sure both belt kits have been done. Rust on the rear arches is getting quite common so I wouldn't worry about it. Steering wheels are usually worn pretty badly.

330i. E30 Touring.
Check the usuals as you would with any car. As long as it's in decent enough nick/things can be replaced cheaply enough and you get that money off the price- winner.

Boot floor for creases is one that's commonly missed and can be a sign of a bump.

Impreza RB5 #054
Belts have been done he's saying.

It has a short MOT but but looks like it could be had for sub £600

Impreza RB5 #054
4b585b82.jpg

I bought it! Going to give it a good clean tonight. :)

Impreza RB5 #054
Mileage is 78k, no mods completely original, even has the spare oz f1 wheel with the tools in the boot. Drives lovely.
Only faults are as above really, small scab of rust on nsr arch, needs a new handbrake cable On the drivers rear brake and a slight whirring noise from the front wheel bearing.

Not sure what I'm going to do with it yet :) needs a good bloody valet either way.

Impreza RB5 #054
Few more pics

e3d01896.jpg

57a551cb.jpg

301f08de.jpg

741411e8.jpg

90c38e28.jpg

00fe52d0.jpg

I'll start a little project thread over the next couple of days, to to keep track of the little jobs il be doing.