ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what to use for a spare on 182

just found out that my tyre has two nails in it and kwick fit cant repair it and everywhere will take two days to order a new exalto :eek:(

what do people use as a spare if anything ? Can you get 16" steel wheels if so where from, do you think the scrapy will have one?

Could i get away with having a standard clio steel wheel even if its not the same size ?

cheers

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

yeah, you can run with a standard 15" clio wheel if you needed to as an emergency, but Id treat it the same as a space saver, ie no more than 30-40mph coz all the tracking etc would be out.

i bought a cheap lighter car tyre pump, so hopefully i can still get home with the tyre weld stuff and the pump if i do get a puncture

Quote: Originally posted by Boydie on 13 February 2005

tyre weld :p

go buy a steely rim and tyre it and keep it in garage
i do mean the stuff you get with the 182, i.e renaults own tyre stuff

Clio 197

I bought a used BK Racing rim, with the same dimensions as OEM rim... And a nearly new Nankang Widowmaker tyre, all for £80 in total.

It saved my hide once already.

TBH, the foams quite good as long as the tyres not got a big hole.