ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what tools needed for removing rear hubs to fit camber shims

CLIO PH1 172
as above i plan on fitting my shims sometime this week but before i start i want to make sure i have the correct tools.

so basicly what is needed? anybody done it recently?

thanks
adam

CLIO PH1 172
Any body?

Will I have to take all the caliper off as well ?

What size are the 4 bolts holding the hub on that a access from the back and I'm guessing I need deep sockets for this??

Thanks

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
Also wondering this mate, it looks like the whole lot would have to come off. I'm debating undoing two lower bolts and just fitting some 1.5mm washers in between the hub as would have same effect and wouldn't have to completely take rear apart.... I think...

Golf GTD Mk7
^^^ using washers :S will the wheel sit right if you do that? Can you not just attach the shims to the disc? Otherwise, remove the stub axle I suppose.

CLIO PH1 172
shims to the disc:eek::eek::eek: the wheel will then just wobble as it goes round it needs to be the hub that has the camber not just the wheel !!

CLIO PH1 172
Also wondering this mate, it looks like the whole lot would have to come off. I'm debating undoing two lower bolts and just fitting some 1.5mm washers in between the hub as would have same effect and wouldn't have to completely take rear apart.... I think...

but yes i think it does all need to come of i just cant work out what size the 4 bolts are that hold it on at the back, as i dont have a deep socket i think there are three bolts the same size and one odd one ?:S

Caliper off and moved out of the way, Hub nut and disc off, then the stub axle bolts are a torx head, with nuts on the back. 3 are one size with 16mm nuts (I think) and the other is a 12mm nut. Undo those and the stub axle will be loose, put shim in and bolt back together....

Last edited:
  Looking for 182
17mm socket and a strong bar for the the calliper bolts
30mm socket and a strong bar for the hub bolt
Screwdriver and hammer might be needed to knock the little bit of metal which helps hold the brake pads in, otherwise you'll not be able to get a socket over the bottom calliper bolts

When I say strong bar, make sure you do have one, as they can be a b**ch to get off if they've not been removed for a while.

Not sure I've got the right end of the stick here, but that's what you're need in order to get the rear discs off. Oh, and possibly some WD40 as well.

CLIO PH1 172
sweet cheers foxy iv got loads of big torx bits i just need deep 16mm and 12mm bits, you dont no how tight these have to be done back up at do you ?

CLIO PH1 172
17mm socket and a strong bar for the the calliper bolts
30mm socket and a strong bar for the hub bolt
Screwdriver and hammer might be needed to knock the little bit of metal which helps hold the brake pads in, otherwise you'll not be able to get a socket over the bottom calliper bolts

When I say strong bar, make sure you do have one, as they can be a b**ch to get off if they've not been removed for a while.

Not sure I've got the right end of the stick here, but that's what you're need in order to get the rear discs off. Oh, and possibly some WD40 as well.

yea i have had the discs off just before xmas so they shouldnt be a problem its just iv never had the stub axle off before which needs to come off to fit the camber shims thanks

M10 ones are 57nm
M8 one is 29nm

thanks allot great help!!