ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What tyres?

997.1, Caddy, e208
Need some tyres for the Abarth, the Michelin's didn't last too long.

What's everyone using these days?
Want a decent grip level in both wet & dry, with a half decent wear rate. What's the best all rounder?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I highly rate conti premiumcontact6

You can’t get sportcontact in less than 18” iirc but the premium contacts are epic.

They’re amazing on the road in any condition and even good on a wet track.

Uniroyal RainSport 3 are great in my opinion. They are so much grippier than my Toyo Proxes T1R in damp conditions and just as good in the dry.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Just to throw something a bit leftfield the Vredestein Ultrac Satin get very good reviews from users and will be a fair bit cheaper than the above. Gonna give them a go myself.

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Vredestein/Ultrac-Satin.htm
I almost opted for those myself a couple of weeks ago . Just the negative review about aquaplaning put me off , it rains hell of alot where I live . So I stuck with Uniroyal Rainsport 3's which I've used for nearly 2 years now ( on my 4th set) . The only thing that lets the RS3's down is the poor wear rate .

I almost opted for those myself a couple of weeks ago . Just the negative review about aquaplaning put me off , it rains hell of alot where I live . So I stuck with Uniroyal Rainsport 3's which I've used for nearly 2 years now ( on my 4th set) . The only thing that lets the RS3's down is the poor wear rate .
Yeah I've had a few sets of the RS3's myself mate and they didn't last well at all, hence me looking for an alternative that doesn't cost stupid amounts for a road tyre. Begrudge paying £100+ for a derv daily that spends most of its life on the motorway.

I highly rate conti premiumcontact6

You can’t get sportcontact in less than 18” iirc but the premium contacts are epic.

They’re amazing on the road in any condition and even good on a wet track.
I'm running PremiumContact2 on the missus' car because it was literally the only decent tyre in her car's awkward-arse size.

Clearly 'old-tech' now we're up to version 6, but am very impressed with them.

Stable and grippy in the wet, progressive at the limit, don't squeal round corners or on shiny-surfaced car parks while turning, and the wear rate seems good. :up: They've even been pretty good in the snow/ice we've had recently.

(I would note that it's hard to judge if you've locked up during slow speed braking on icy surfaces, but that's more likely to be because the steering is more numb than your mouth after a trip to the dentist for a mouthful of fillings and the ABS doesn't kick in (and be felt through the brake pedal) because there's no surface grip for the tyres to try to rotate against and trigger it. Probably an issue with all summer tyres in that sort of situation, though.)

koi

Audi S1
Rainsports didn't last long on mine so just switched to PS3's as they don't do the PS4's didn't come in the right size for the Abarth. Impressed with them so far.

RB 182 FF,1.2 16V
PS3's have been brilliant on my RB182 F2F.Don't appear to be available any more though in correct size/weight/speed rating.Anyone know of any dealera still selling them?

PH2 172
  RB 182 FF,1.2 16V
The camskill tyres are 87W which is wrong Weight/Speed rating for 182 Steve.
Had Rainsport 2's on when I got car & sidewalls are rubbish compared to Michelins.
Might try Continental Contact in 83V rating.