ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What wax for albi blue?

It will still work, IMO the colour thing is a bit of a gimmic. If you're wanting to spend some cash, get some Onyx!

Tay

Titanium Clio 182
As Justin said will work fine.

Guess it depends on what you want to spend as to what wax you get but plenty of choices. If you want to stay with Dodo they are soon to release an updated wax for darker colours ( spotted on detailing world ;) ) might be woth a look ?

phprofrontlores.jpg

Plenty of other brand choices which I'm sure others will help you with.

I have used & liked P21s in the past with good results (now R222 I believe) which would look good on Blue.

HTH ?

cheers guys, i guessed it could be used but didnt know since ultra was not a metallic colour, when i had my arctic blue 182 i just srp on it but want to make sure its looking good through winter...

ST
Bin the Dodo juice..its pisch.

Swissvax ONYX..best all round wax i've ever used and at £45 a pot its a bargain.

ST
Because it's a gimmick, ask anyone who knows their stuff on detailing and they'll tell you the same, even a good friend of mine who shall remain nameless was one of the main UK vendors for it says the same.

And its pisch ;)

mk7 fiesta zs
swissvax waxes are a gimmick too - as nearly all of the shine on a car comes from the prep work not the wax, paying more than about £20 for a tub of wax is a waste of money

Megane R26
Because it's a gimmick, ask anyone who knows their stuff on detailing and they'll tell you the same, even a good friend of mine who shall remain nameless was one of the main UK vendors for it says the same.

And its pisch ;)

Anyone who knows their stuff? Clearly Kev and I are clueless then?

Dom wouldn't sell as many pots of Supernatural as he has if it was so "pisch", would he?

Onyx is average at best - entry level wax, like Zymol Carbon - the SN nails them both.

If you want a premium brand splash the cash on BOS or Glasur!

mk7 fiesta zs

Dom wouldn't sell as many pots of Supernatural as he has if it was so "pisch", would he?

Onyx is average at best - entry level wax, like Zymol Carbon - the SN nails them both.

my point exactly Russ, don't know about you but ive loved every dodo product ive tried so far.

Megane R26
Not all of it, but none of it is pisch.

Most people **** it off without trying it and because it's a successful new brand.

Their loss.

mk7 fiesta zs
Not all of it, but none of it is pisch.

Most people **** it off without trying it and because it's a successful new brand.

Their loss.

agree, or they try one of their products - don't like it and then label it all rubbish :(

ST
Juzzy,

You do know most of the Dodo is a lot of pisch...its all a gimmick, most in the 'know' on DW etc have written page after page on it..

I fell for it a few years back too when i had the 182..i had purple haze and orange crush..rip off!!

my point exactly Russ, don't know about you but ive loved every dodo product ive tried so far.

As above guys, i've actually owned and used two of the waxes in their range.

Hai. Dodo is pisch. <--- purely to piss off Paul Brycey.

Lime prime is excellent and will be added to my collection from now on.
Born slippy is over priced and better results come from shampoo and water, let alone Megs last touch.
Blue Velvet is OK looks wise. Doesn't out last my Nattys Blue, and that is not a hard wearing wax.
SN barely outlasted my P21s (and yes I refuse to call it R222) and didn't outshine enough to warrant the price tag.
Onyx has been the best all rounder I have used and lasts, in my experience, longer than any DD or other similarly priced wax.

Opinions and experiences will change over the years, but like to add mine to the pot.

***gets out big wooden spoon to stir this shizzle up***

Russ is a crap detailer anyway, even his photobucket account won't show his work

;) x

120d M Sport
Lol Jamie! Finally become tired of writing P21S aka R222?

As said Lime Prime really is an excellent product.

I'd also say from the experience I've had, Supernatural is great, quite a bit better in terms of finish and durability than the 'colour charged' waxes in the Dodo range i.e. light fantastic which are average for their price.

At the end of the day detailing and detailing products are quite a subjective matter

mk7 fiesta zs
As above guys, i've actually owned and used two of the waxes in their range.

exactly, two products out of several in their range. using two products that you don't like does'nt mean you can say all of their range is rubbish when you've not used it

Megane R26
Kev if it's not Blitz and Onyx then nobody on here is interested mate.

I agree the standard Dodo's are nowt special too.

I'm a Vintage ho now anyway so I don't care :)