ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What ways to make a 1.2 quicker?

Clio 1.2 (progress)
befor you say go and buy a sport i would if i could get insured... but i cant so cleared that one out the window, i just want to know how to get my 1.2 just that little bit quicker what could i do? i cant find any ecu upgrades for the 1.2, what other ways is there without major major bucks, few hundred quid...

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Buying a sport wouldn't help as there 1.2s ;)

Remove weight.

Clio DCi 65
How old are you?

I'd just save your cash, whats the point of spending loads on your clio to be around the same as a cheap vtr or something?

Ive got DCi 65 and theres just no point, had it for 2 years now and lookin at 106gti with half decent insurance prices

53 Clio's & counting
yup if you wanted to spend the cash i would get a decent enclosed filter, exhaust and map, DECENT suspension with new bushes, and some upreated pads brakes with braided lines and fluid,also loose some weight, ie get rid of the rear seats if you dont use them, some buckets too that will make the car 100 times better to drive and will make you a much more experienced driver with it

Clio 1.2 (progress)
i just want to know if there is any ways to make my 1.2 quicker, i have the money for another car saved already i am just waiting for insurance, hence the reason i don’t want to spend mega bucks on my 1.2 but i am going to have to wait about another 2 years before i can even think about a 2.0 ltr as i live in a ruff area, so i just want to make my 1.2 just a tad quicker so it keeps me happy for the wait.. if you see what i mean, i already have a de-cat and an exhaust fitted.. got better breaks already also, just looking for the speed increase, going to strip the back seats out next week and fitting roll cage because my 2 recaro bucket seats are coming YAY!!! hoping that will make a diffrence but i think a diet on my self will probably help more than anything lmao

M2 Competition
If you want to make it lighter dont bother with the cage mate, theyre pretty hefty.

Getting some driving tuition/ track time under your belt is a good bet, will make you lots quicker, and safer too.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
i just want to know if there is any ways to make my 1.2 quicker, i have the money for another car saved already i am just waiting for insurance, hence the reason i don’t want to spend mega bucks on my 1.2 but i am going to have to wait about another 2 years before i can even think about a 2.0 ltr as i live in a ruff area, so i just want to make my 1.2 just a tad quicker so it keeps me happy for the wait.. if you see what i mean, i already have a de-cat and an exhaust fitted.. got better breaks already also, just looking for the speed increase, going to strip the back seats out next week and fitting roll cage because my 2 recaro bucket seats are coming YAY!!! hoping that will make a diffrence but i think a diet on my self will probably help more than anything lmao

LOL! Where do you live mate?

Clio 1.2 (progress)
i will have pics up very soon and video's.. well reason for rollcage is because i am planning on going down castle combe my local race track every weekend so safety... turbo conversion on a 1.2?? never heard of that before.... ebay for chip upgrades anyone bought them? i live in quite a ruff area if anyone knows Bristol i live in city centre.. chavs everywhere

53 Clio's & counting
what about suspension mate?

Dosnt exactly make you go any faster does it ?

lol CS quote of the day :rolleyes:

you will go far faster spending X amount on suspension and brakes than you ever will spending the same on the engine

also having balls is alot different to being able to drive quickly and safely....

still if you want to be doing combe mate you will want to get your average speed up ie to corner well as possible as combe is a very fast circuit

still i wouldnt bother going past changing anything more than a filter exhaust and remap mate as those mods done properly will make a noticable difference without loosing you too much money

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Why on earth are you taking a 1.2 Clio to castle combe???

why not?

i know my old 1.2 16v would out handle and out brake my 172 no problem! it was a brilliant laugh to drive just lacked straight line speed. and down a twisty backroad would have been just as fast

back to the question....
my old 1.2 16v was RR'd at just under 85bhp with cat back system, decat, HKS pannel filter, modified airbox

and fully stripped with coilovers, and fast road disks, pads, fluid and braided lines it was an awesome backroad toy! lol

as said.........

strip it.......
IMG_0014.jpg

brakes, and coilovers........
IMG_0004.gif