ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What will my £2k budget get me?

Crutches ATM :)
Hi peeps been signed up for a while and am currently back on my feet after 3 months out with a broken leg. Looking at a 1*2 for fast road use and track action.

budget for the car will be £2k and not much more. Obviously looking for the best I can get and although the 172 cup would be great if like ac and xenons.

So what should I be expecting from cars in this price range? Are 182s worth the premium over 172s?
I'll be buying in the new year.

cheers

matt

Ph1 track car, Dci
Is it your only car or do you have another daily that's comfortable and this can be a toy?

Then you can decide if to go for something more stripped and lighter. No point in having a ful fat immaculate 182 with xenons,aircon etc and paying for them options if its a toy/track car.

My vote would be a p1 or a cup. But im biased!

This will be my only car but I commute on a train and the mrs has a fully loaded 1series so pretty much answered my own question really and a cup look like the way to go. Will I get a decent one for that money?

WRX
Yeah as you commute by train get a Cup. You'll get a good one for that, maybe go a bit cheaper and you'll have some spare to refresh any worn parts or get some track tyres, better brakes etc.

330i. E30 Touring.
Don't bother with a Cup IMO.

Get one with the correct spec.

Coilovers, brakes, breathing mods already done> povvo spec machine.

Cheers guys, after coming from a few supercharged cooper s my last being 221whp and used in TA I can't wait to get stuck in with the clio. I saw many hauling ass on track days with nothing more then decent tyres. Wouldn't mind itb in the future

Subaru Impreza P1
I paid 1600 for my 2002 172.....with lowering springs already fitted, sports exharust, FULL Renault S/H 12 months MOT 6 Months Tax...

I would save around £500 of your money for some goodies....ARB, Polybushers, up rated brakes

Cheers guys, not seen too many modded ones for sale on eBay etc but wouldn't mind a standard car and going from there

Mint 172 or cup for 2k.
182 needing work for 2k

or a stunner of a ph1 for 2k.

If you want a decent 182. You need to up the budget by about £900 and £1500 at least for a minter.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Haha, I used to think the same when I first joined, then they grew on me, and then I bough one and fell in love.

Plus the cable throttle owns the FBW on the ph2s. My ph1 was the best drive out of both my 182s.

Inferno 225 cup
Just popped up on eBay £1750
4are4y3y.jpg

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Hi peeps been signed up for a while and am currently back on my feet after 3 months out with a broken leg. Looking at a 1*2 for fast road use and track action.

budget for the car will be £2k and not much more. Obviously looking for the best I can get and although the 172 cup would be great if like ac and xenons.

So what should I be expecting from cars in this price range? Are 182s worth the premium over 172s?
I'll be buying in the new year.

cheers

matt

A Ph1 Sunflower! The only Clio worth having outside of vee's.

After detailing my pals trophy on Wednesday he took me out for a spin and I was very very surprised how well these little things go. A cup is deffo top of my list now :) however should I still look at standard 172s in that price range?