ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what will my next service include?

ibiza cupra
the 172 is due for a sevice soon and just wonderd what i will need to get other than the 5ltrs of 10w50 silkoline pro s and the oil filter. its on 111,000 miles and had the cam belt and aux belt done about 4 months ago as the dephaser needed replacing. also had new spark plugs on the last service so they should be fine too but is there anything else i would need. oh yeah, i have an induction kit so wouldnt need a new filter either.
cheers

depends which service interval is due and when the rest of the scheduled jobs were last done (brake fluid, coolant, etc etc)

RS Clio 172 Cup
Give the brakes a quick clean. Caliper off, clean surface area's/contact area's, apply some copper grease, and refit caliper.

I've always done that if i'm giving car a service. Easy job aswell.

ibiza cupra
calipers should be fine. i painted them not that long ago and gave them a good clean then. also replaced the rear discs and pads a few months ago too and checked the fronts so they should be fine. apart from a knocking noise from the passenger front wheel which i think is the cv joint, the car is running fine. just wanting it done to keep up with the service history more than anything.

apart from the standard 12k/2yr service (oil, filter, air filter, pollen filter, inspection service), the rest is:
2yr - key fob batteries (i'd not bother unless they show signs)
36k/5yr - AUX belt
72k/4yr - brake fluid, coolant
72k/5yr - plugs, cambelt
144k - fuel filter

*think* that's about it for the Renault schedule but there's a bunch of stuff it'd probably be wise to do that's not on their schedule (gear oil, for one)

ed. ah, bit more info in that link!

ibiza cupra
what gear box oil would you recommend and how much of it would i need? plus is there any sort of seal that needs replacing when doing that like on the sump plug?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
There is a copper crush ring. 3.1 ltrs IRRC, and i'd use the elf oil, but it's expensive and hardish to get.

ibiza cupra
just orderd 5 ltrs of pro s, and a 1 ltr top up and 3 ltrs of castrol 75w80 manual box oil so at least ill have it all for when it needs doing.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
you may find most places go over to 75w90 for gearbox oil now - but both grades are fine for you.

ibiza cupra
you may find most places go over to 75w90 for gearbox oil now - but both grades are fine for you.
went on to opie oils (where i got it all from) and that was one of the box oils they recommend for the 1*2 so just went with that. the 10w50 is the same stuff i put in before on freds recomendation so thought id stick with it.