ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What would win folks

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

Yes another one of these threads im sorry but the cars are

Mine: 172 Cup with SuperSprint Exhaust system and BMC CDA with a proper air feed, 18000 miles

Brothers: Mk1 Clio V6 bog standard, 7600 miles

I know mine would eat him on the bends with it being on H&R coilovers im talking in a straight line.....

I just want to shut him up! :devilish:

Ziel Nurburgring

your brother. The traction from the line in the V6 would put him a length up very quickly as you struggled to get off the line, imo.

Assuming yours wasnt already in the dealers getting fixed :p ;)

Burgandy 174 sport t

cant believe the traction on a v6, I saw a v6 pull away in the pouring rain and god did it fly

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Quote: Originally posted by Little Newms on 13 May 2005

Yes another one of these threads im sorry but the cars are

Mine: 172 Cup with SuperSprint Exhaust system and BMC CDA with a proper air feed, 18000 miles

Brothers: Mk1 Clio V6 bog standard, 7600 miles

I know mine would eat him on the bends with it being on H&R coilovers im talking in a straight line.....

I just want to shut him up! :devilish:
Add a r-sport or similar and strip yours out and I think you will see him off!

dfdf

172bhp FWD vs 230bhp RDW......Dream On :devilish:

Even with a Turbo and more power youd struggle to match it in a straight line.

how much does the mk1 v6 weigh?? as its power to weight! an the 0-60 on a mk1 is like 5.9 an they say you can get a 172 cup 0-60 in 6.5 (good driver good weather) so i think it would be very close then the v6 will pull on you...

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

Quote: Originally posted by silvagti on 13 May 2005

u joking yeh? with a turbo ill will eat it up in a straight line :confused: may have 230bhp but its heavy for a little clio

MK1 V6 is 1335kg so 175bhp/ton. Even though that seems to make them closer I still cant believe a V6 would have any trouble in a straight line.

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Id say who evers the better driver.

Ive beaten faster cars and lost to slower cars purely down to driver skill.

Why dont you get the cars up to Santa Pod on a Run What Ya Brung day and find out once and for all? Should be an interesting race :cool:

172 GTR

If your cup is set up right I think you could win. Autocar tested a V6 MK1

0 - 60 6.6 seconds

0 - 100 17.1 seconds.

145 MPH Top

It would be very close all down to driver!!!

Clio 200 Cup

Ive seen a few mk1 v6 vs 172cup races at santa pod in the last few months and ive been amazed how slow the v6s are. Its been fairly even in terms of results. Youll give him a damn good run for his money if what ive seen is anything to go by

Wake up and smell the coffe boys the v6 would lose, even std for std, let alone a bloody tuned cup

autocar 0-100 17.1 v6, 0-100 16.9 cup

Clearly you know f**k all about cars, mate a HGV has 300bhp and rwd does this mean itll eat your type R, yep by your reckoning LMFAO!

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Quote: Originally posted by brazo on 16 May 2005

Wake up and smell the coffe boys the v6 would lose, even std for std, let alone a bloody tuned cup

Wow a whole 2/10s of a second means the cup will win every time without fail. Thats daft if theyre that close it could go either way every time.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by Matt16v on 16 May 2005

Quote: Originally posted by brazo on 16 May 2005

Wow a whole 2/10s of a second means the cup will win every time without fail. Thats daft if theyre that close it could go either way every time.
I agree. When it is that close it is down to the drivers reactions ect

^^Totally agree fella but were talkinga modded cup here as well! Sorry if my replies appear terse its just that I see so many crapy posts by people who know f**k all like type r above who just assume that because its got more power it will automatically win!

Sorry for my poor grammer as well! Also bear in mind the V6 wont suffer from traction issues like a cup at start off, I understand the 60-100 is more like a second in favour of the cup

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Whats modded about the cup?

Exhaust and airfilter will make feck all difference on 1/4 mile.

What do Cups run at Santa Pod - Vees were making low 15s when I last went. Not alot of traction that day.

172bhp FWD vs 230bhp RDW......Dream On

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my god I dont think Ive ever seen something so ridiculous!!! The V6s are sh*te slow, they weigh as much as a 4 bedroom detached house with a fukkin double garage!

As for a 172 turbo not beating one... ROFPMSL!!!!

Nippy white cup

When j3ned had his mk1 we both went for it at about 60mph and it was EXACTLY the same to over a ton. Mine had an open air filter and about 1000miles on it. Matt was on his own and me and Nic were in ours. Traction is going to be better obviously but after that advantage has gone youll be quicker especially with the few mods you have.

Crhis

I reckon it would be close as they both have about the same power to weight ratio.

Mk1 = 172bhp per tonne, 172 cup is a little less std.

Simon.

http://www.letstorquebhp.com/calculator.asphttp://www.letstorquebhp.com/calculator.asp stick to figures in there to give you an idea , but I do agree that a 172 turbo running 240bhp or more would walk all over a Mk1 and my Mk2 v6, much better power to weight, but NOT std for std. I had a 200bhp 5GTT that was faster than my std V6 (for the moment anyway....;))

MKIII 138

i have to agree the MK1 v6 is a heffer and the MKII has more power but is even heavier still.

MK1 V6s dont do 5.9 to 60 hehe that MKII with 250hp only does 5.8. the mk1 does 6.3 - 6.6 consitently because of RWD and the heavy engine over the rear axel. the FWD Cup with its pretty poor traction from launch does 6.5 ! lets not even talk about a 182cup as with a few exhausts induction mods and a simple remap they must be in the low 6s.

i do however think the MK1 v6 will pull nicely up top due to outright grunt but there cant be much in it and they wont handle as good as a cup imo.

lets face it they look and sound nice just like TVRs (although tvrs are actually fast ) but on everything else the MK1 at least is flawed and both MKI and MKII as a package can be beaten at hte price and below.

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

lol im not dissing the mk1, i love them..... but this is brotherly love :p

Matt regarding my mods my car use to stop accelerating at a point in the rev range @ about 6300, now i freed the flow of the gass etc it happily revs round to 7250

Its a hole new car 3rd gear upwards

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Is it de-catted as well Mark? Have you had it RR or timed before and after?

The thing alot of people forget with the V6 is its close but I bet the Vees not ragged as much. Those V6 engines make alot of torque from lower down and through the rev range.

Might sound wierd but Id prefer a V6 for an every day car over the 172 purely cause n/a 4 pots have to be cained a bit to get the best out of them.

Quote: Originally posted by Matt16v on 16 May 2005
Whats modded about the cup?Exhaust and airfilter will make feck all difference on 1/4 mile.

What you been smoking?