ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What would you do - Phase 2 172 or Cup.

Petrol Blue 182
I no its been covered on here but this is a personal struggle between my head and my heart...

Ive been after a Clio 172 Cup since i was 18, im 26 now!

I was going to buy a cup when i was 21 and the insurance dropped but i decided to try the VW scene for a while instead, ive always had this major pull towards a 172 though, (sad i no) so i got banned for 9 months at 25 and had no car for that 9 month.

I managed to save £2000 in that 9 month, not easy with being on the dole ( honestly 2010 was one of the best and worse years of my life for various reasons) and i looked for a VW.

Then i remembered my account on here and logged on.....wow how prices have dropped for the 172's!

I couldnt quite stretch to a cup in my budget and i defo didnt wanna do finance to get a clio.
So i looked around and found lots of phase 1's in budget, but all down south!!

I was tempted to do the travel, but then i realised i liked phase 2's better!

So i had the money burning a hole in my pocket and typed in one last search on ebay using different search words and up popped a black phase 2 10 miles away!

So i went and bought it that night!

Its honestly even better than i ever expexted, in fantastic condition and very quick after 4.5k, felt rapid after not driving for 9 month...

Anyway your probably wondering where this is going...

Ive just been offered a CUP in straight swap for mine!

Now the good and bad points.

Mine (phase 2 Pearl Black)

FSH
just flew through the MOT with no problems
Completely standard
Bought off a middle aged guy that had it for 5 years (pretty sure he was gay too)
Quite liking the Climate control and leather etc!

Mates (CUP)

Some history
Needs MOT but will be done for me
Got Spax springs and shocks
Chavvy exhaust
Badly painted Turinis
Owned by some young chav before my mate!

See my dilemma is, ive always wanted a cup, but i really think ive got a good phase 2 already and im dubious about this CUP!

My heart is telling me keep the car ive got as its already done 4000 trouble free miles and my head is saying get the CUP man you have always wanted one....

What would you do!

Sorry for the long post!!

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
^^^ as above

If you wanted a cup you should have that in the first place- 3.2-3.4 would have secured you a minter

S

S

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I don't understand the need for everyone to have a cup, I'd keep yours 100000%

Clio 197
i would keep you current 172, i love my cup but stick with what you know - sounds like the cup will need a bit of money spending on it, the difference in straight line speed etc will be neglible anyway

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
you were on the dole but saved 2000.00!!!!!!!!!!! wtf!!!! benifit fraud is a crime you know.

Petrol Blue 182
it took 9 month to get £2000! i now get that every 4 weeks so i wouldnt quit your job just yet!

Clio 172 cup
If you earn £2k every 4 weeks....

1, why are you driving a heap of sh1t Clio

2, dreaming of owning a 172 cup when you could buy the mintest one after 8 weeks

Stop talking utter sh1te lad

Petrol Blue 182
If you earn £2k every 4 weeks....

1, why are you driving a heap of sh1t Clio

2, dreaming of owning a 172 cup when you could buy the mintest one after 8 weeks

Stop talking utter sh1te lad

because i have rent,council tax,gas + elec,water rates etc to pay out of that money.

im a shift electrician mate and i get paid every 4 weeks, so im not talking any sh1te, but i lol'd anyway :)