ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what would you do?

Mk2 Golf GTI 16v
if you had a 1999 renault clio, and crashed it in the snow resulting in a buckled alloy, three badly kerbed alloys, and £880 axle work needing to be carried out.

bearing in mind there's a A and B service (£400 i think?) needed 2000 miles ago, and MOT at the end of the month.

would you

a-get a new car
b-keep the clio and repair it and get all the expensive servicing done
c-cry

right now i'm doing (c) :(

Mk2 Golf GTI 16v
insurance not informed -
don't have alloy wheels on insurance (amongst other things) so wouldn't be covered for them anyway.

£70 to get it towed to the bloody garage!!

so its a new car then aye?

Mk2 Golf GTI 16v
ps, have a £500 excess on insurance anyway, and dont think the car is as valued as high as £3k. Maybe more realistically - £2k?

Mk2 Golf GTI 16v
well there'll be lots for sale then :D

dual optic lights, s/s exhaust, induction kit (all for 1.4/1.6 8v)

dont think anyone would buy the wheels tho tbh.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
c, then a. But your silly for not having the wheels on insurance in the first place.

Mk2 Golf GTI 16v
aye just the day. there was people skiddin down the hill after me, and i was watchin fae someone's window, and hopin that someone hit me so a could claim their insurance!!

unfortunately, another 5 cars came, 2 spun and 3 kerbed it. all missed my car though. then the road got gritted.

Mk2 Golf GTI 16v
R20GRC said:
c, then a. But your silly for not having the wheels on insurance in the first place.

always hoped that if anything happened to my car i would always have my wheels... oh well :(

and they were £700 OZ SuperTs. :( :(

Golf GTi Mk2
Just so your aware bud, not declaring your wheels doesn't just invalidate the insurance for a new set of rims, it invalidates your whole policy, hth.

Mk2 Golf GTI 16v
James172Cup said:
Just so your aware bud, not declaring your wheels doesn't just invalidate the insurance for a new set of rims, it invalidates your whole policy, hth.

apparently. although one of my friends who wrote off his car still got his payout, and even got to go and take back the two remaining wheels and CD player even though they weren't on the policy.

i know its silly to be honest for the sake of a few pounds per month, but a didnae even think of it til somethin actually happened!

Mk2 Golf GTI 16v
i;ve done enough option c for today

so whats the minimum i can spend to get a car that's not a shitter?

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
£1,000 would buy a nice roadworthy car which would be a good start to getting back on the road, and this time, telling the insurance about all them bits you didn't tell them last time.

A lesson learnt me thinks. :) Tell your dad to go and buy Auto Trader. I can bet you there will be cars for under a grand with tax and mot which are half decent. Might not be what you want but, tbh, its not like you have a whole load of choice.

Mk2 Golf GTI 16v
yeah, i get the feeling it'll be a step down from my clio.

at least ill be able to get all my audio and that back, and mebbe sell damaged wheels?

kinda wish the excess on the insurance wasn't so high tho!

Perhaps you should have been driving to the conditions?????

Either way do you not think the insurance companies or anyone else reads a forum?

Do you know who you are admitting these illegalities too?

Just a thought

Blaze

Mk2 Golf GTI 16v
dont think whether having wheels or not would affect my chances of crashing into the kerb. if anything having wider track wheels should help my grip.

as always i drive to the conditions, and was not the only person skidding/crashing into the kerbs on that section of road.

it would have been rather comical to watch had i not already crashed myself.

tiTTy & SV650
imo a 205gti is defo not a step down, it's a step into the world of drivers cars, will teach you a lot and isn't TOO fast that its gonna catch you out.

1.6 all the way

cock mobile.
Get a new car mate, and sell all the bits off this one before sending it down the scrappy.

Don't even think about burning it yourself, that's just stupid anyone that recommends that is a complete fool!!!

Mk2 Golf GTI 16v
well wid ye know, that in the end im just gonna get it fixed :s

borrowing a few hundred off ma parents and payin them back when a can.

and i'll be driving aboot wi wheeltrims for a while... yass :D

Mk2 Golf GTI 16v
Dave3141 said:
having wider tyres/wheels in snow decreases your grip.
yeah a kinda had that feelin when a wrote otherwise...

thats like the wee metros wi the skinny tyres doin well in the muddy rally stages aye?

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
sharpie said:
yeah a kinda had that feelin when a wrote otherwise...

thats like the wee metros wi the skinny tyres doin well in the muddy rally stages aye?

Check out the WRC cars when the Rally Sweden is on...

Loeb-8-150.jpg

I have deleted some posts in this thread - I will not be pm'ing you all - you know who you are and I suggest you know why I have deleted them - but if not - be warned - we do not allow posts which have any connections to illegal behaviours on this forum - please re-read the rules.