ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What would you do!!!

i bought my 182 sept 04, when reneault didnt do the recaros standard. but they are fit and i want them.

the question is, would you either spend £1200 on getting the recaros but in with a nice full fat back seat.

or spend the £1200 on exhaust, IK, group N ECU, wheels etc....

or bank the £1200.

as you can guess i have the £1200 waiting.

please help. are they too much for seats. would it be worth it.

im thinking of keeping the original seats to put back into the car when i sell it, which means i would have two nice recaros for my next car.

cheers guys

106 GTi
greer182 said:
im thinking of keeping the original seats to put back into the car when i sell it, which means i would have two nice recaros for my next car.

cheers guys

Thats my current thoughts at the moment too.

Get the Recaro's.

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Yep, i'm in that dilema too! £1200 is A LOT of money to splash out on seats. I might get fixed recaro's and lose the back seats for a fraction of the cost.

I'm just not sure what to do!!

Tyson.

Last edited:

TVO

S1 Elise (ex Cup owner)
Tyson-182 said:
I might get fixed recaro's and lose the back seats from a fraction of the cost.

I'm just not sure what to do!!

Tyson.

That's what I've decided to do. £1200 on seats imo is a lot, but it all depends what you want to do with the car and where YOU want to spend your money :)

Skoda Fabia vRS
donate the money to me to pay off my debts, you will feel good for having done it lol

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
Is that really the price for a new set of Recaro's!!! Cant you get them any cheaper anywhere? I feel damn lucky to have got them as a very cheap upgrade when buying the car. Cant fault the seats though at all, worth every penny, but why oh why do they still sit so high!

£1200 for the recaro's stuff that !!!

I guess if you got them you could always sell them separate to the car when you come to sell the car.
Bit of a long shot here, have you thought about actually selling the car & buying one with them already in it ?

£1200 for somewhere to park your a$$ is too expensive!! (although they ARE stunning seats)

Id spend half that on subtle mods and bank the rest as the 182 don't REALLY need much doing to it. IMHO of course!

VRS
they do look nice but imo they dont offer much more in terms of support!
if you want them for looks then go for it but if your after seats that will support and hold you tight then you can get buckets which offer far more support for less than 1200 :)

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Thats too much for 2 seats.Christ DFS do better deals than that for a whole 2,3 and 4 seater sofa

ian

Clio 172 mk2
ian 182 said:
Thats too much for 2 seats.Christ DFS do better deals than that for a whole 2,3 and 4 seater sofa

ian

lol

I think it is too much for a pair of seats

well guys i bit the bullet and their on their way from germany. lol

i know its alot of money, but i sat in my mate 30th ann type r before and there amazing.

dont know what im going to do about fitting them yet. airbags and all.

Tesla MP3 2021
the seats are standard from recaro...they are no different for the 182...obv only the subframe is..
id go for the recaro's as that is what im looking to do..
just keep a good eye out;)

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
people hes already bought them....lol

well i wouldn't have done it bud....i would of spent the money on coilovers etc....but i hope you enjoy them....

don't worry bout the airbags....just don't crash...lol

if you do you should be alright anyway...for 1200 i should think in the event of a crash the seat will eat you and swallow you into a cotton wool world where you can't get hurt....well at least thats what i would want it to do for that money...lol

well a big thanks to john at demmon tweeks, who sorted these out with a cliosport discount.

now i cant wait to fit them.

the way i see it, is i can put them in my next car and the one after that, and dont need to pay for any upgraded seats at dealers etc... just get the back seats to match by a local trimmer. well that what i keep telling myself lol

well your only here once, so.

car is costing me a fortune at the mo.

£1200 seats
£180 24k service
£100 GDI - brakes discs and pads
Insurance- 1200

next to come

yozzasport decat £100
Magnex- exhaust £350
Viper- £250
Group N ECU- £300
Wheels- £600 (speedlines)