ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What would you pay, FF172?

My local Renault dealer emailed me earlier, to tell me that they have a 172 coming in on p/x for a new clio.

All I know so far is it's a FF 172 2003, with just over 20k on the clock.

They say it's going to go up for £8,250.

Now, considering it's in tip-top condition with FSH, what do you reckon it would be worth from a dealer?

Unfortunately, I need to buy from a dealer, as I have to sell my car, and have had no interest from the trader, so p/x is the only option left, and will only get about £650 more selling private.

So what would be the price to pay. I feel £8,250 is a little on the highside, as you can get a reasonable 182 for that private, but I don't have that option.

A good mileage'd 182 in a dealer seems to be £9,000 - £10,000 from what I can see on the trader, and the have seen a 2004 182 with 18.5k for £9,495.

If I could get it down to say £7,850 would that be an ok figure, or still to much. Obvioulsly it will come with a years renault uk warranty, which is a bonus over buying private.

I know I have yet to see it, as it hasn't come in yet, but would like to know people's opinions in advance, so I can make a better decision when I'm there.

Cheers.

Turbos.
Nice low mileage, but they wish it was worth that much! I'd say £7.5k private so £7,850 sounds OK with the dealer.

172 Cup
I think it's expensive personally, even at £7850.

I'd rather get a 182 for the same money off one of our members who's obviously looked after the car ad can tell it's history inside out.

I think it's expensive personally, even at £7850.

I'd rather get a 182 for the same money off one of our members who's obviously looked after the car ad can tell it's history inside out.

I'd love too, but none of the members on here will take my car as p/x!

Well, I have had it on trader and piston heads for a while. Even though it's immaculate, it's not a car people dream of having if you know what I mean.

Plus there's loads for sale in dealers, and even though mines priced a good £600 below theirs, and it's not a common model, it's quite a common car and people just search for punto.

Not a brilliant time to sell a car either. I know I'll pay more from a dealer, but it's either that or wait maybe months to sell it.

172 Cup
In that case I'd try and knock the dealer down a bit as you suggested and then it's a more realistic price. Hope you get what you're after!

Yeah, it is a pain having to buy from a dealer, but looks like it's the only way.

I'm willing to pay for the right car. Have looked at 3 so far, and none have been perfect. Really annoyed, as would love a well cared for example from a cliosport member.

Think I prefer the 172 to the 182. Though the only external differences seem to be the wheels and twin exhausts.

Fingers crossed.