ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What would you pay for R5 CUP

350z & 16v Maxi

£250 for a plate that looks like RS CUP. You pay £250 for R555 CUP and this only has one bumber and looks like RS (Renault Sport)?

Well, it was worth £250 at new..

Id say, its gotta be worth £500 if not more now.. its perfect for a Cup.

182, GTR, C63

hmm if thats wot you want get it but dont pay more than 350 as if i didnt already have my own plate (that i havent got round to putting on yet) i still wudnt buy a plate saying cup on it. No offence but it says cup on the side in small letters and that is enough bragging for my liking. If you want people to know its a cup even though they have no idea wot that is get a big silly sticker:D. I hope this saves you some money or you decide to get a plate that you can keep. If your not covinced exagerate the situation to say a ford mondeo with a towbar and a big sticker put on at an angle saying "Mondeo"

I completely understand that a Mondeo is sh*t and a clio is not but save yourself some money on the cup plate mate!!

And finally i probably completely misunderstood your point and you dont want the plate for yourself

£250-£500 nothing more than that. You can get them from the dvla for that so thats all theyre worth!

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

Problem is with the CUP registrations, would be the carry over...would you be able to put it onto another car? as there will probably be no more CUP editions being released in the future...youre better getting something with name, initials or something which will never change, as if you try and sell your CUP with the CUP number plate on it, chances are that youll not get half of what youve paid for it.

A car specific reg plate can help positively differentiate your car from the hundreds of others out there when you come to sell - so its not a waste of money IMO.

Quote: Originally posted by CUP80Y on 07 July 2004

A car specific reg plate can help positively differentiate your car from the hundreds of others out there when you come to sell - so its not a waste of money IMO.
True but it doesnt make the plate worth a fortune.

Elise/VX220/R26

plates are worth whatever someone is willing to pay for them, weve had some proper nutters on the for sale forum asking stupid money for what are basically sh*t plates. You might get lucky and sell it for £500 on ebay but I rekon most cup owners would rather spend £500 on engine mods

Quote: Originally posted by DoddCup on 07 July 2004

hmm if thats wot you want get it but dont pay more than 350 as if i didnt already have my own plate (that i havent got round to putting on yet) i still wudnt buy a plate saying cup on it. No offence but it says cup on the side in small letters and that is enough bragging for my liking. If you want people to know its a cup even though they have no idea wot that is get a big silly sticker:D. I hope this saves you some money or you decide to get a plate that you can keep. If your not covinced exagerate the situation to say a ford mondeo with a towbar and a big sticker put on at an angle saying "Mondeo"

I completely understand that a Mondeo is sh*t and a clio is not but save yourself some money on the cup plate mate!!

And finally i probably completely misunderstood your point and you dont want the plate for yourself

not sure you should say mondeos are sh*t and clios are not m8

but i suppose you do drive a cup :p so you may be blinkered when it comes to the fact there are other cars in the world

182, GTR, C63

Quote: Originally posted by david16v on 07 July 2004

Quote: Originally posted by DoddCup on 07 July 2004

not sure you should say mondeos are sh*t and clios are not m8

but i suppose you do drive a cup :p so you may be blinkered when it comes to the fact there are other cars in the world
<SCRIPT language=javascript>
LoL i was using an example but i meant which car was thought of as sh*t. Clios are built to a very low quality and mine is pretty bad as the boot doesnt shut properley and the interior is falling off im my hands as i touch it. But on the other hand they are thought of as a cool little car. We once had a mondeo and there was nothing that i didnt like about it but it wasw just a car and it did nothing else. Juat wanted to make it known that i dont think clios are great and other cars are sh*t. imho i think mondeos,vectras are crap but it doesnt mean there bad cars at all. I only got the cup cus its pretty quick for a fwd and actually corners well. Oh and i could get insured on it.

My view on cars in general over im sure you are all glad:D!!!!!

Of course its great when the previous owner is nice enough to have put a Cup plate on the car for you eh mailto:B@llsie">B@llsie ;)

£250 as me, as most people £350 its not anything special.

bear in mind, its not like having M3 CSL or anything...

;-)

/y0z

172, Tiguan

tbh as you cannot buy another plate that says R5CUP its worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.

Quote: Originally posted by y0z2a on 07 July 2004

£250 as me, as most people £350 its not anything special.

bear in mind, its not like having M3 CSL or anything...

;-)

/y0z
M3 CSL on the corresponding car would be pretty neat imho !