ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What would you suggest

A SHED!

My mate a car thats quite sporty, 3dr and hes just passed his test. However he is 21 sooooo his insurance isnt so crippling. He likes pug 306 Turbo diesels, any other cars you can suggest that would be as quick as the 306 diesel? I would say a 1.8 16v like mine however my insurance is 440 t.party with 4 yrs no-claims and im 21.

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

Quote: Originally posted by 16v_er on 15 May 2003

My mate a car thats quite sporty, 3dr and hes just passed his test.
Your mates a quite sporty car? Wow, thats some mate! lmao

how about (dare i say it on here) calibra 8v 16v v6 or turbo depending on how much insurance he can afford to pay?:eek:

I had a 306DT before my 172 and I loved it. Very low insurance (group 4/5) and i enjoyed it. It was a diesel tho and the turbo was short. Maybe worth getting one chipped. Different kettle of fish to the 172 tho.

A SHED!

Oh yeah, I couldnt have him kicking my ass now!!! lol. Soooo no calibra v6s. He txt me to tell me hes seen a 16v for sale 1400.........No bloody way would I have that. I think it would best to have one a little more expensive and from a dealer.

Tell him to hunt down a Citroen ZX 1.9 TD Volcane (3dr).

The first ever diesel hot hatch. Same excellent chassis and passive rear wheels steer as the Pug 306. Same trim as the petrol Volcane series (the 16v/172 of the ZX range). Many come with leather. Prices from £500.