ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What you think of this lads

The Rivers Office Park

Denham Way

Maple Cross

Rickmansworth

Hertfordshire

WD3 9YS

Ref: Clio Extreme GF02JUY

Dear Mr Talou-Verible

I am again without the use of my Clio 1.2 16v Extreme. I have experienced several faults within the first year, engine cut outs, stalling, electrical fault lights, airbag fault, the latest being a replacement gearbox.

I now after only two weeks since the replacement gearbox have a clutch or transmission failure. Either the Clio Sport models are poorly designed and manufactured or the garage ‘Priory at Northfleet’ does not have the ability to carry out repairs to a satisfactory conclusion.

They also never have a courtesy car available and seem not at all bothered that repairs take weeks rather than days. You offer the service of hiring a car, this is a nice service but I have to get my own insurance for these hired cars costing me £5 a day where as a courtesy car wouldn’t cost me anything. Could you please assist me with these problems?

I have lost all confidence in Renault as a company and am having doubts if I would ever purchase another one or recommend Renault to anyone else.

Thanks in anticipation.

Yours faithfully

VW Potato

Youll get a brush off, I reckon. A para that contains the word solicitor and 21 days might invoke a better response.

g

It seems unfinished mate. I think you need to outline what needs doing and what you would consider a good service otherwise i fear your letter will be in the bin and a Dear Mr Joe Bloggs sorry letter will be sent to you.

Mate, the only way they take any notice is if you put the sh*tters up them. Irecently wrote a letter to a garage who were repairing my car and I ended up gettting the work done for next to nothing !

I was going to paste the letter here but its too friggin long...... unless you want to see it.

VW Potato

"Talou-Verible"

there must be a small irony in that if you say that name quickly, it sounds like Terrible. My, what a hive of activity my mind is!

g

they tried to get me to use my insurance, but I knew in advance they wouldnt allow it to be transfered, and as I said they were liable, they could pay for the insurance... it makes them fix your car quicker if theyre paying for it...

heres the letter of complaint I sent Whitehouse Renault in Tunbridge wells after the state they returned my car in (oh yeah, Id forgotten theyd assumed I was a man, considering everything I filled out there had Miss on it... idiots).

Dear Mr Holmes,

I would like to add a few things to you’re customer satisfaction survey you have sent me. First of all thank you for fixing the problem and also sorting out the scratch on the drivers side of the car (I hadn’t noticed you’d sorted it until the weekend) and considering I didn’t ask it was very nice of you to deal with it for me.

However I’d like to complain about the lack of courtesy car offered and the state the vehicle was returned to me in. I had to complain to your head office in order to get a hire car because no courtesy car was available, why was it that I wasn’t offered one?

I get the feeling it’s because I didn’t purchase my car from yourselves, I’m sorry I had to buy it from a Car Importer and save myself £4000 off the price you wanted for it but the £4000 off is. Also I’m not sure what service you give your customers and I must say I’m used to Peugeot’s Gold service where they wash the car for the customer before returning it, even if it is warranty work carried out, but my car wasn’t washed. I was also assured all the carpets would be valeted but only the side with the leak was. I know my car wasn’t clean before I brought it in but every other car on your forecourt seemed washed and cleaned, and I’m sure mine wasn’t the only customer car. The customer service manager I spoke with at your head office didn’t seem the slightest bit offended that I’d purchased an imported car, he did after all say that it’s still a Renault. At the end of the day you still get paid for the work carried out and I even found out you get a budget for providing me with a hire car, so perhaps you’d like to pay some of that money to my boyfriend, as it’s his car I had to rely on for two days until I got a hire car. I personally think I won’t be returning to your garage for further work to be done on my car regardless of whether or not I’m paying for it, as it seems clear you’re staff are not interested in offering the same service to people with cars you have not sold.

One final point, thank you for ASSUMING I am a man, however the last time I checked I found I was a woman, just because I own a Clio Sport 172 please don’t make the assumption it’s owner is a man, I find it very insulting, I would sincerely hope you have not recorded that my car is registered to a man on your warranty database.

Regards,

MISS Emma Chittenden

Ahhhh everyone has the same sh*t!!!!! Heres my next draft!

Dear Mr Talou-Verible

I am again without the use of my Clio 1.2 16v Extreme. I have experienced several faults within the first year, engine cut outs, stalling, electrical fault lights, airbag fault, the latest being a replacement gearbox.

I now after only two weeks since the replacement gearbox have a clutch or transmission failure. Either the Clio Sport models are poorly designed and manufactured or the garage ‘Priory at Northfleet’ does not have the ability to carry out repairs to a satisfactory conclusion.

They also never have a courtesy car available and seem not at all bothered that repairs take weeks rather than days. You offer the service of hiring a car, this is a nice service but I have to get my own insurance for these hired cars costing me £5 a day where as a courtesy car wouldn’t cost me anything. I should not have to pay for the insurance and would like to be fully refunded.

I have lost all confidence in Renault as a company and am having doubts if I would ever purchase another one or recommend Renault to anyone else. I have asked others on forums such as Cliosport.net and it seems to be a very common problem with Renault.

I really do not trust driving my car in fear of something else going wrong with it. The engine cut outs have never been fixed and that could cause a serious accident if it happened at the wrong time. It all reality I would like a replacement as this car seems to be more trouble than it is worth.

I shall be writing to watchdog if this letter is not acted upon.

Thanks in anticipation.

Yours faithfully

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

u should of said im a woman cos i checked and i got b00bies :D

hnmm but some men have b00bies too could say......

MaLicE

Astra 1.9cdti XP

Going in too aggressive with a first letter is no way to start!! The first letter was fine although you should be more specific with what you want them to do.

If after this you get no meaningful response then you can use more aggressive letters.

Being aggresive in the first instance can sometime make it harder to make progress.!!

HEY PEOPLE!!! Lets offer Steve some constructive comments... rather than talking twin air bags....

tbh ... threatening people with watchdog generally doesnt get you anywhere, theyll be like "yeah go on then". Take it to trading standards and tell them thats what youre going to do, as its a government body, theyre more likely to follow up on a complaint of shoddy workmanship and can impose penalties from what I can remember.